Go down 
AuthorMessage
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: The Doctor - CLOSED   Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:42 am

Name: The Doctor
Appearance: (Damn! Still not a Ginger!)

Accent: Incredibly Irish

One would think that a lifetime of being chased would prepare someone for being chased. You'd think that several life times would get the point acrossed. Twenty-three lives though? This was getting to be a bit ridiculous. He rounded a corner and made for what appeared to be an appartment building. Hopefully he'd be able to duck inside and get away from the crowd. Pushing his legs harder, he pulled his screwdriver out of his jacket and flew through the old door, locking it behind him. Looking over the door he realized that it was metal edged. Quickly he changed the settings on it just as they began banging on the door, rattling the handle, and welded the door shut. It wouldn't hold for very long, but it would give him time to escape.

Honestly, looking back on things, he should have noticed the signs. All the people were behaving almost exactly alike, with only minute differences in personalities and conversations. He'd approached the only one that seemed that different from the others. He should have known that it was them that was controlling the mob.

Now, here he was, trapped in an apartment building looking for a way out, to save himself from being killed by a mob of crazed mind controlled people. Most of the doors had sound coming from them. He pushed on, down the hall way, checking doors for sound, trying to find an empty room. Most of them had sound coming from them, whether it was a tv running, a fan, or the sound of arguments. Upon reaching room 14A, he leaned in to listen. Nothing, complete silence. "Alright, we're in luck" He murmered, using the screwdriver to unlock the door and stepping in, locking it behind him
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:05 am

Name: Sophia Lockwood
Appearance:
Accent: American-English (Southern drawl)

Heart pumping, yet somehow oddly calm, Sophia Lockwood slunk low and made her way to the kitchen. Thankfully, she had finished unpacking just today. Her way was clear and without incident. Once in the kitchen, she opened one of the lower cabinets. This would be the tough part. Grabbing hold of the bottom ones with one hand, and using her other to grab the top one, she pulled up a skillet. Taking extra time to ensure she didn't make a noise, she finally pulled it out of the cabinet and was sneaking toward the living room.

The lights had been out for a couple days now. For some reason, the power had gone off, and nobody seemed to mind. Nobody but Sophia. When she had tried to confront the power company, the doors were locked and nobody was there. The police turned her away, completely ignoring her. And she was fairly certain one officer had tried to grab her bum! Her neighbors, too, had been acting strange and touchy - continuously trying to find subtle ways to touch her. So she finally locked herself in her apartment. Sure, she's paranoid. But that's just the way she was. Always ready and willing to believe a conspiracy theory. Overactive imagination. But now, it was too real.

As she snuck up behind the intruder, she raised the frying pan above her head as she stood. She was ready. And down it came.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:29 am

☆✫✰★THWUMP★☆✫✰

A sudden sensation overcame The Doctor, forcing him to bend over clutching the back of his head "Ou-ou-ouch!" He said trying not to shout before turning to face his assailant, preparing to draw his screwdriver. "A frying pan? Really? You hit me with a frying pan? What in hell's name is wrong with you?" He asked, still holding the back of his head "That bloody hurt you know!"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:36 am

Shocked, Sophia raised her hands with a shrug, still holding the frying pan. "It works in the movies," she whispered back. "Plus, I don't like guns or knives." Now the thought was implanted in her head. Searching for any signs of a weapon, "Do you have one? A gun or knife?" She stepped back a bit now in fear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:46 am

"Um... No? I do have a screwdriver though" He responded releasing that he was holding it in a less than friendly manner. The pain in his head began to subside as he put the tool back in his pocket. "Why in the world are you going around clubbing people with frying pans anyway?" He asked "I only broke into you- Oh, right" He murmered. "Well, I am sorry, but I have a mob of zombified townspeople chasing me at present. Any moment now, I'm sure they will figure out where I am" He said just as he heard the door out in the hall break down "And, right on cue. I would suggest running" He said looking her over quickly before nodding affirmatively "Yeah, window exit sounds like a plan" He told her, before moving quickly over to the window and yanking it open. "Well? Are you coming?
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:52 am

"Uhhh...um," Sophia stammered. "Hold on!" She said and disappeared into another room. She was gone just a few seconds. When she returned, she was carrying a pet carrier. "Alright. Let's go!" And without another question asked, she was flying out the window of her new apartment. Zombified people. That made a bit of sens--well, no it didn't. But she didn't care. There was definitely banging at the doors, the power was out, and this man had a chance to whip out a pistol but didn't. She didn't figure this would be worse than staying at that place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:08 pm

"A pet carrier? Really?" He asked "We're in kind of a hurry you know! Ugh, it doesn't matter" He said looking around. The TARDIS was around there somewhere. Alleyway, right "C'mon, this way" The Doctor told her, leading her towards the phone booth shaped time machine. Casually, he opened it up "Well, get in"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Sophia stared at him in disbelief before she stepped inside the tiny box. Wait, tiny? No. No this was huge. This was larger than her apartment. How in the world? She turned to face the stranger.

"It-it's bigger ---" she stammered as she set the pet carrier in a lone chair near a long cylinder center. What was this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:23 pm

"Welcome to the Tardis" He said with a light smile, stepping in after her. "We'll be safe in here for now." He told her with a slight nod "Might as well get comfortable, they'll be hunting for us for a while, and I've got some work to do. I have to figure out what's going on around here"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Striding over to the man, "Who are you and what do you mean 'figure out what's going on'?" Suddenly there was scratching from the pet carrier. Sophia waltzed back over to it and pulled something from her pocket, tossing it through the gate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:46 pm

"I" He paused "Am The Doctor" He told her, "As for what's going on, if you hadn't noticed, everybody in your town is rather... Zombified. Somebody's controlling them, it's my job to save them all, stop the bad guy, that sort of thing" He said tilting his head slightly "What do you have in there anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:00 pm

"Well, Doctor, I am Sophia," she replied before answering his question. "My cat. He's a Bengal." She pulled the carrier up and tilted the front toward the Doctor, revealing a beautiful short-haired orange cat with dark brown - almost black - spots on his body.His legs and paws were covered with stripes instead of spots, and his tail and chest faded from orange to white with dark stripes. His eyes glowed a bright yellow-orange. And as if on cue, he meowed once facing the Doctor.

"Meet Artemis."

((For reference: ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:12 pm

"A Cat, of course" He murmered shaking his head. He wasn't particularly fond of them. He didn't hate them of course, and this one was rather nice looking, but he still wasn't very fond of them. Of course, he'd begun to have a distaste for most hidden alien species. "Well, hello there, Artemis" He said. Hopefully the furball wouldn't give him too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Artemis meowed in response to the Doctor. "Well, what should we do, Doctor?" Sophia asked as she set Artemis and the carried back onto the lone chair. She then strode around the ...this place. It was so large. Mysteriously large. Winding staircases leading through doors and seemingly long hallways jutted from the sides.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 pm

While she explored, The Doctor began to pace, moving his hands in the air madly as he calculated and plotted his next move, what to do, how to do it, and most importantly, what to do with this girl.

Several Hours later, The Doctor let out a heavy sigh and opened the door, poking his head out. "Ah, much better, it's safe now. You can stay here, or you know, come with, it's up to you, but I've got to fix things"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 pm

Sophia had since fallen asleep in one of the bedrooms. Apparently there were at least three on the Tardis, which is what this place was called. She was even able to let Artemis out while she slept. Though the Doctor didn't seem to be too fond of cats, he didn't seem to mind too much.

She walked back out to the main area where the Doctor still was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:07 pm

"You heard me right?" He asked "I'm heading out, you're welcome to join, or not, your choice" He told her stepping out "Time to save the world and all that."

Looking around the area, he decided the most likely area that a great master'mind' would likely hole up and take over from. Of course, there weren't that many buildings that screamed 'Ruler Of The World', so he just assumed it would be the biggest building in the area. Promptly, he started walking in that buildings direction.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:57 am

With some hesitation, Sophia followed the Doctor. It didn't take long for her to realize where he was headed. The Sommer's Office Building, or as the workers called it 'SOB'. It was a fitting name from what she had heard. Only the most powerful companies were housed there.

When they neared the building, she piped up, "What are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 pm

"Well, quite clearly I'm going to stop what's going on. It's likely that whoever is doing this is using some kind of frequency, like a radio or something like that to slowly turn everybody here into their own personal slave army. If we can turn off their broadcast, we can stop them, hypothetically speaking of course." The Doctor explained "Of course, the best place to broadcast from, would be here. Besides, baddies seem to like big buildings, not sure why"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor - CLOSED   

Back to top Go down

The Doctor - CLOSED
Page 1 of 1