HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Name: Ana(stasia) Leanne
Appearance: My typical Sophia appearance
Personality: Bounces around often. Strong emotions of Happiness, Anger, and Depression.
Disorder: Borderline Personality Disorder consisting of, Anorexia/Bulemia, Depression - self mutilation, suicidal tendencies, mood swings, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Depersonalization Disorder (believes life and herself are unreal, often causing her to try something risky to see if it's real or not)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Name: Krios Ambrosia Sintarin
Appearance:

Personality: Usually pretty mellow, occasionally depressed, usually plays off as being cheerful
Disorders: A compulsive gambler and a heavy drinker, mixed with masked depression and insomnia, Krios is the life of the party, sometimes. Has a heavily violent side when provoked though, and suffers from anger management issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Sophia walked through the corridor with a nurse to the entrance room. The nurse requested her to remove her clothing so she could search her and her clothing. Then the gauze on her wrist was removed and replaced by a more stretchy gauze and a clean pad. The same followed for her leg, stomach, and neck.

Once done, the nurse took away all strings and lead Sophia to the room she would be in. They told her for now she had the room to herself, and when she felt up to it, she could join the others in group therapy in the commons.

She settled in as best she could and headed to group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 pm

It was odd, being led in to the place. His parents had grown tired of his behavior they said. They said that he was old enough to be put into jail, that his drinking had to stop. His fighting had to stop. He didn't care much about that though. They were always too busy with their own lives to bother with him until he became inconvenient, and then they shipped him away.

So, he went through the motions, was signed in, led to a room, searched. They took away his cards. Said something about them being a distraction, said he needed to face his problems. It was all nonsense of course, but he couldn't do anything about it. They assigned him a room, gave him the schedule, and left him to his business.

Krios didn't have anything to do there though, so he headed off to the current going on event, group therapy. Sounded like a riot.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Sophia saw a man walking down the hall from the opposite side. He must be heading to group therapy as well. As she was almost to the door, she began to have a panic attack. Her mind began to race and her breathing fastened and shallowed. She quickly passed the man and turned into the nearest room. She veered into the bathroom, set herself against the wall, and began tearing at the bandages. It wasn't even a thought to do it, it was just what her hands decided to do. Before she could even comprehend what she was doing, blood was flowing down her shirt and arms and pooling to the floor.

Stop, Sophia. Stop. Oh God. Oh God. I can't do this. Mommy. I want to leave. I can't do this. Mommy. Help. Somebody help. Oh God what am I doing. Stop. Please. Please stop. Too many people. I'm alone. Help. Stop. Mommy. Tears brimmed her eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Krios watched the girl duck out into a boys room. Intrigued, he figured he better follow her. Depending on what she was up to, it might be good for him to keep an eye out for things going on. As he entered in, he saw that she wasn't in the room, but the door leading to the bathroom was cracked open. He knocked on it sharply before pushing it open the rest of the way, finding himself confronted with the sight of the girl tearing bandages apart, making a bloody mess. He immediately rushed over to her.

"Hey, easy there." He told her, grabbing her hands tightly. "Are you alright?" He asked, knowing that she wasn't, but not knowing what else to say.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Startled by the guy, Sophia began to realize what she had done. She began to tremble and whisper sorry over and over. Surprisingly, his touch was comforting, though she didn't know what made his different from anyone else's.

It was only a matter of time before he told a nurse and the shame and disappointment routine began.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:36 pm

"Shhh, easy now, it's alright. Here, lets get you wrapped back up" He told her, taking one of the bandage wraps and carefully wrapping her arm back up. "You made a fair amount of a mess in here you know" He told her, smiling comfortingly. It wasn't the first time he'd had to take care of someone like this. The difference was that the other one had been his younger sister, who had committed suicide a few years back. He hadn't known what to do then though, so he'd gotten others. "I'm Krios" He told her, wrapping up her other arm "And yes, I know it's an odd name."
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:49 pm

As he helped wrap her bandages up, she finally had calmed down enough to thank him. She still leaned against the wall, emotionally drained. However, she enjoyed his smile. He seemed so cool and collected, Sophia wondered why he was here.
"Sophia," she replied. "You have a nice name."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:03 pm

"Well, thank you, Sophia" He said smiling. He disagreed, but that wasn't uncommon for him. After a moment, he stood up and offered her his hand "Are you up for standing?" He asked, looking around the room for a towel to clean up with
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Sophia nodded, accepting his hand. She was shaky, but that was normal after an episode. As he seemed to look for something, she grabbed toilet paper and began wiping up the blood.

"You can go now. Thank you," she tried to state as nicely as possible. Cleaning up her own blood was embarrassing and shameful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:32 pm

"C'mon, no need to be like that, let me help" He offered, realising she had the better idea with toilet paper. If he used a towel, there'd be questions about the blood. He grabbed some and began helping, without waiting for an answer from her. "Besides, if someone else comes, you're going to need someone with a cover, and I'm good with that sort of thing" He said smiling again. He was a skilled liar. It went well with being a gambler.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 pm

"Um, why are you helping me?" Sophia asked, though grateful for his kindness. She still was trying to figure out why he was here. A roll of toilet paper and a few toilet flushes later, the bathroom was cleaned up.

"I guess we should get to group." Not like she wanted to go, but they probably should.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:50 pm

His mind flashed back, finding his sister there, hanging from the ceiling. He shook his head, trying to dispel the memories. "We all need help sometimes, that's all" He told her as they finished cleaning up.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right, can't say as I'm all that excited about it though to be honest. You ever been to one of these places?" He asked, making a vague hand gesture about him.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Sophia watched as he went back somewhere. She knew that look. Memories.

"Thank you. And yeah, I've been here once. Decent place."

Just as she finished, there was a male nurse there. "Hello?" He peaked in, knocking before he entered. "Uh, hey guys. I know you both are knew, but boys and girls are not allowed alone, especially in the bathrooms. So let's get to group, okay? There's only a few minutes left."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:47 pm

"Yeah, sorry" Krios replied, making a loud sniffing noise. "Had a bloody nose, she was helping me out" He said referring to Sophia. It wasn't that hard to believe, he did get them occasionally, and they were a fair amount of trouble to deal with, so he'd been helped before at random like that. He turned to Sophia and smiled "I never said thank you by the way, so thanks." He nodded and turned to the nurse "Anyway, which way? I've never been here before"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Leading the way, they reached the common room and seated themselves around in the circle for group. Sophia chose a lone padded chair to sit in between a girl who called herself Stella, and a boy, Adam.

Sophia and Krios were required to do introductions for themselves. Full of anxiety, Sophia stood. "I'm Sophia. Favorite color is red. I'm here because my parents made me." She sat back down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Krios stood up after Sophia, gave a slight bow as was his custom and smiled "My name's Krios, I know it's sort of an odd name, anyway, I'm here because I'm a gambler. And an alcoholic. Aaand a few other things. I'm sure we'll all be great friends." He said, using the leg of the chair to brace himself with his ankle as he let himself drop back into it without using his hands. The chair rocked back a bit before coming back down with Krios sitting in it comfortably
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Brooke, the guidance counselor for the session, eyed him.

"All right. Well, thank you both for your introductions. We were just talking about some of our fears. Would either like to volunteer?" Apparently everyone else had their turn as group was finishing up.

Fears, seriously? Sophia shook her head and sunk back into her chair, trying to dissolve into thin air. Brooke took the hint and focused her attention to the other new patient.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:45 pm

"What do I fear... Well, I suppose I'm afraid of being forgotten" He answered truthfully. It was kind of an odd fear, but it was his fear. "Well, that and creatures living in an alternate dimension that live only to rend the flesh from your feet while you're asleep, but that one's not as likely, right?" He said with a half grin
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:58 pm

With Krios' comment, Sophia couldn't help a smirk. Granted, it had actually upset a couple of the more delusional patients. She guessed he felt similar to her about being stuck in this place.

Thankfully, group disbanded and they were allowed free time for two hours before dinner. They had puzzles, books, some television with a small selection of movies, and they were even allowed to the rooms as long as the doors remained open.

Sophia chose to just sit there, unsure of what to do. Freedom held a different ring to it in here than it did out there in the real world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:33 pm

"Seriously, I'd kill for a deck of cards" Krios remarked after pulling his empty hand out of his pocket, obviously a reflexive action for when he had nothing to. "Hey Soph, what do you do for fun?" He asked, walking over to her
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Sophia glanced up, unsure what to say. Cut.

"Write, I guess." Throw up. "Read." Feel pain. "Board games, card games, any game." Escape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:45 pm

He shook his head. Aside from the card games, none of it sounded all that much fun. Except the card games, but he knew they wouldn't be what he wanted. After staying silent for a minute, he spoke up, "Why do you do it?"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:51 pm

The question shouldn't have shocked her, but it did for some reason. She took a moment to think before responding. "It depends."

Averting her eyes from his, and keeping her voice low so only he could hear, she continued. "Sometimes as punishment. Other times because it helps me escape the pain I feel. And," she paused, "on occasion-- to get away from this twisted world." Her eyes shimmered with pain, longing, regret, need. She suddenly felt the need to throw up.

"I'm sorry," she barely managed to say before rushing to the nearest bathroom and losing her breakfast. Surprisingly, this didn't provide her a feeling of accomplishment. Instead, she just felt ill. She stood and rinsed her mouth before walking back out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)   

Back to top Go down

Under the Sheets of Darkness (Req and I)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next