Share | 

Fallout: Vault 42

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Fallout: Vault 42   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Vault 42, a place where light's out means practically nothing. Darkness is normal. Even so it is surviveable, if you don't kill yourself that is. Some people have talked about leaving the vault, but it's home, who would want to leave?

Name: Requiem Mortalis
Appearance:

Vault Occupation: Engineer
Other: Recently broke his left arm repairing something in the low light
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Name: Ana Leanne
Appearance:

Vault Occupation: Psychiatrists assistant
Other: Frequent headaches and depression
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Requiem slowly climbed the barely lit staircase from the reactor room with a sigh. He was late. Again. It was the third time this month that he'd been late to meet up with Ana for lunch. Nonetheless, he made his way towards the diner that the vault had, only making a sidestop for a second to fix his hair which had started to fall out of the ponytail he'd put it in. He frowned in frustration. It wasn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to do with one hand. That accomplished, he headed towards the diner once again, prepared to be chewed out for being late again.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Tapping her shoe on the floor, the girl stood up and sighed heavily. This was the second time this week he had been late and it was going to be the last. Ana Leanne had enough things to worry about; such as the suicidal six year old in the medical wing, and the eighteen year old boy with a brain aneurysm.

She and Doctor Kemp had worked together since Ana was about six. Her parents had both been killed while working on a broken valve in Wing 17 when it failed. By failed, it began to gush acid onto the couple. When they were not heard from two hours later, a team was sent to inspect.

When Ana was told what happened, she went into a mental breakdown, forcing her to be sent to Doctor Kemp. The doctor and Ana connected so well, she decided to take Ana under her care.

As she began to leave the table, she saw Requiem walking in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Requiem sighed in relief seeing Ana still there "I am so sorry... We're having issues with the reactor coil, and it doesn't make it any easier with this thing" He said glaring at the busted appendage as though it had been it's fault. "Anyway, we still have power, so it's all good" He told her lightly "Um... So... yeah..." He looked at her for a moment "Shall we sit?"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Letting out a long breath, Ana nodded and wrapped her arms around Req's neck tightly. She was only ever angry because she was afraid; afraid that one day, Req wouldn't be just late, but never show. The fear may have come from her parents' death or just because she knew this was a dangerous place to live. She released him and sat down on the bench.

"How's the arm?" she asked, nodding toward the casted arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Requiem winced lightly when Ana had hugged him. The first time she'd done it, she'd bumped it and caused a great deal of pain. This time though, she hadn't touched it to his relief. He smiled sitting down "It's slowing me down quite a bit to be honest. I don't understand why we have to deal with these lighting conditions." He said softly. He shook his head "No matter, such is life." He looked up at her "How was your day?"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:14 pm

"We don't have any other lights, so we have to deal with what we were given," Ana replied to his rhetorical question, then continued to answer his actual question. "Alright, I suppose. Things are getting pretty hectic at the Med Wing. Like, there's an eight-year-old girl who purposefully jumped into the toxic waste plant..." Ana trailed off, remembering how horribly the young girl had been damaged.

She closed her eyes, "Req, I'm so sick of this place."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:28 pm

"Yeah... I know, Still, you know the overseers rule... If we leave, there's no coming back" He said softly. Leaving was allowed, but it was considered something of a social taboo in the vault to speak of it. After a moment's thought though, he spoke up again "On the other hand, maybe we should, most of the radiations cleared up I've heard, but if we do, we have to prepare" Suddenly he stopped talking and looked over at her, realizing that she hadn't said anything leaving the vault. He looked over at her, and waited for any sort of response to his semi-outburst.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Leave? Did Requiem really just make a plan to leave the vault? How could she leave Doctor Kemp? What about her duties here and...Ana realized that was all that was keeping her here.

"Let's talk about it thoroughly first," she said suddenly, then more quietly, "But promise me you won't leave without me." She reached across the table to his hands and rested hers on top of his.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 pm

"C'mon hun, you're my best friend, of course I wouldn't leave without you" Requiem said softly, smiling at the warmth from her hand on his. He looked into her eyes "Are you saying that you do want to go though?" He asked, a tint of hope in his voice, imperceptable to all but those who knew him best, meaning basically just her.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Ana pulled her hands away abruptly, saying, "I'll think about it." More or less, in Ana's words, those were her saying yes. She rarely made a definitive decision, but usually if she didn't say 'no' then it was an implied 'yes'.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Requiem nodded silently, "Alright" He said sitting back, suddenly feeling as though a tong had been lifted off his back. "Think on it" He told her. As he said this, he felt overcome with tiredness "Ugh... I'm going to my room, walk with me?" He asked
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:53 am

"Sure," Ana said as she stood up. "Are you alright?"

((genius, I know))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:43 am

"Yeah... Just... I dunno, it's hard to breathe down there with all the machines, and it's getting hard for me to breathe up here as well now. I think the ventilation's starting to wear out" He said standing up as well, and walking slowly to the door beside her
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Linking her right arm into his left arm, Ana leaned against him. "Meet me in Room 3 tonight after the night team goes to their rooms, okay?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am

Requiem nodded silently, moving along with her towards his room. "Ana... You know, the world outside is going to be very bright..." He said quietly "We're going to need something to protect our eyes as well." It was something he'd just thought about as they passed a light right before the door to his room. "Thanks for the help hun" He said leaning over and hugging her lightly before sluggishly moving inside and to his bed.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:05 am

Walking back to her own room, Ana passed a maintenance cart. Something on it caught her eye. This would be perfect for their eyes...

Finally she arrived at her room and laid on her bed. The time would be here soon enough, she needed to sleep, so she closed her eyes and drifted off.

((sorry, weak post))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:35 pm

A few hours later, Requiem stood up from where he'd been laying and got dressed. It was nearly time and it'd take him a few minutes to get to room 3. He hoped that she wasn't just messing with him. Tiredly, he grabbed a bag and dropped a few fresh suits with bottles of purified water hidden inside them into it. He looked around and picked up his wrench, and a few other tools into the bag as well. You never knew when things like that might come in handy. Picking it all up, he headed out, working his way around the compound to Room 3
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 am

Ana was late to Room 3, but she managed to get there still. She saw Requiem and waved, silent until the moment she was inside the room.

"Glad you could make it," she said. Room 3 was actually more than just a room. It used to be a pet play area, until all the pets died out a few decades ago. After that, nobody knew what to do with the extra space so they just left it. Now it was used to store old parts from around the compound - mostly mechanical items.

Walking over to a box, Ana began to dig through it. "Help me find some of those goggles you guys use to protect your eyes when you're working with the lights," interrupting herself, she continued, "Not like you guys need them anyway."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:50 am

Requiem nodded and began searching through the piles of stuff. He had a relative idea of what all was there and where everything was. It took him a matter of moments to locate some goggles, once he had them, he began looking for things that could be used as weapons. At first he hadn't found much beyond obvious stuff, then he remembered that there was an old paper cutter in the corner. He reached down and found it. With a sharp yank, he pulled the blade off and smiled. "Well, I've got a weapon, what about you?" He asked turning to face her

((I'll do the timeskip to the vault door my next post, or you can do it, I just figured you could use a chance to pick a weapon))
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Searching around one of the boxes that held survival kits, she pulled out an old First Aid Kit. Of course, when the vaults were first occupied, the doctors had stripped down all the medical supplies, but they left behind the flare guns as they would be of no use in the vault. She picked up a bright red flare gun then proceeded to take the remaining flares from the other kits. She turned around and grinned.

"This is my type of gun," giggling slightly, Ana loaded one flare into the gun and stashed it into her belt at her side. "Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minutes later, the two had crept silently along the halls to the vault door. Though you were allowed to leave, it was best to disappear rather than let anyone know. At the large round door, one officer stood, guarding the door. The officers were there to ensure the door was shut as soon as anyone left, and that nobody could come in from the outside.

Though Ana knew they were allowed to leave, she wondered if he would try to stop them. He didn't. His hand reached out as he pushed the only button on the control panel, and the door began to creak open. Metal scraping metal, the sound was nearly deafening. Wincing, she stepped forward.

The door was quiet as it lay back against a dirt wall outside the vault. It seemed they were underground with a very low lit path ahead of them. Hopefully there was a clear opening to the surface.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Requiem walked alongside Ana silently as they made their way towards the end of the tunnel where he could see faint light coming through from the edges of a battered old wooden door. It amused him to see the door in as good of shape as it was. They had been told that the outside world had been destroyed, that it was a Barren Wasteland. If he remembered correctly, they were near the border of Indiana and Michigan, two states of the old world. Located on what was known as Fort Wayne.

Before he pushed the door open when they reached it he put the goggles on that they'd taken, in preperation for the bright light that they'd been warned about. Then, looking to see that Ana had put hers on as well, he nodded, and taking in a deep breath, pushed the door open.

He stood there and looked out before blinking. "Um..." He began, slightly confused "I thought it was supposed to be bright" He said pulling them off "This isn't too bad at all" He remarked
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Baffled, Ana slowly took her glasses off as well. She was unnerved. It wasn't bright at all, except for a strange object in the sky. Looking to Requiem, she shrugged and tucked the glasses away.

"Maybe things have changed more than everyone in the vault thought," she suggested, though somewhat doubtful. Just as she finished her thought, a loud groan came from behind them. She grabbed Req's arm and jumped a few feet into the air.

Ignoring the smirk that would most likely be on his face, she blushed as she saw it was just an old man in a rocking chair by the entrance. Behind him was a small shed, about the size of one of the bedrooms in the vault. There was one lantern by the man's feet, causing anything beyond that to be darker than black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Requiem turned to face the source of the noise, weapon over his shoulder so that he could bring it down on whatever it was, assuming it was hostile. When he realized it was only an old man, he began to laugh before regaining his composure "Sorry about that sir" He said with a smirk still, nudging Ana lightly, his way of saying 'Relax'.

"We've been told some stories about the wastes, so... yeah" Requiem began feeling rather stupid himself despite his self assured appearance.

The old man smiled, showing that he was quite clearly missing a few teeth. "No harm no foul, right?" He looked out past them and out into the wastes "You two look like you planned things out pretty well, even grabbed yourselves some eye gear" He said with a slow nod "You'll need it"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: Vault 42   

Back to top Go down

Fallout: Vault 42
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next