HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Twisted

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Twisted   Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Hesitating on the front step, Ana reached her finger toward the doorbell to the right of the door. It was dark and cold, nearly midnight on a rainy night, and there stood Ana - a terrified and frozen young girl. She hoped he wouldn't be mad, but she doubted he would. She rung the doorbell as a gust of wind sent a chill down her spine. Please answer, please,"she silently begged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Requiem had been laying on his couch listening to a quiet jazz song with the rain when the doorbell rang. He sat up slowly, refocusing himself enough to check the time, "Who'd be here at this hour?" He murmered standing up and stretching before walking ever so slowly to the door and opening it, left arm stretched out behind him, scratching the back of his head "Hello?" He looked at the girl for a few minutes before something clicked "...Ana?" He asked, extremely surprised "What're you doing here?" He paused and looked at her "Come in, come in, you're soaked... I'll get you a towel" He told her, leaving the door open for her and heading off to the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Hesitantly stepping through the threshold, she watched the man walk away. "I'm sorry," she called after him, wondering if he could still hear her. She hadn't realized she was so wet, but as she looked herself over she realized how terrible she looked. Her shirt was covered in mud and her jeans were ripped at the bottom, exposing her shoeless feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 pm

A few minutes later, Requiem came back with a few towels, some clean clothes of his that he thought would fit her well enough, a blanket, and a boatload of questions. Still, she looked pretty rough, the questions could wait until later. He handed her the towels and the clothes "Here, the bathrooms down the hall on the right" He told her softly, smiling reassuringly at her. His mind was racing though. What happened? How'd she get here? How'd she find his house? What was going on?
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 am

She nodded and headed down the hall to the bathroom. She figured he wouldnt mind if she took a shower, so she turned the water on and stepped in. After she washed the mud off, she dressed and stepped out of the bathroom. "Um, hello?" She called, unsure of where to go. Her stomach rumbled in anger and she felt like bursting into tears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:18 am

"Out here" He called from the living room where he'd been when he first heard the doorbell. He stood up and walked over to the entrance of the hall. "How are you feeling?" He asked softly, watching her to make sure she was alright. He'd never met her before that, but she was really close to him, and he cared a great deal for her.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:54 am

"Um," Ana said again and shrugged. She walked to the front room and sat down on a couch, keeping her eyes off of Requiem. "I'm sorry for showing without notice." She bit her lip which was busted, and fought back tears.

"I-um, need to sleep. Can I?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:02 am

"Yeah... You can have my bed, end of the hall" He told her pointing to the last door. It wasn't like he ever slept in it. He hadn't slept in that bed since the breakup, it felt to empty. Instead he stayed out on the couch. He was comfortable there. "If you need anything at all, don't be afraid to come and ask me" He smiled comfortingly
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Ana nodded and immediately headed for the bed. When she opened the door she took in a deep breath, amazed that she was about to sleep in a warm bed. She curled up under the covers and dozed off no sooner than she could close her eyes.

(TS to morning if you want)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Requiem layed on the couch for a little while longer, listening to his music, and trying to clear his head. It took him a few hours, but eventually, the sound of the saxophone coming from his stereo sent him drifting off

8:34 AM

BANG! The cupboard shelf fell, again. "Ugh... I really need to fix that damn thing" Requiem growled as he began picking up everything that had fallen out.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Ana stared at Requiem as he slept, wondering if she should wake him or not. She had only awoken minutes before, but just wanted to get the awkwardness of her arrival over already. Just as she was thinking this, she heard a loud bang. Startled, she threw open the door and headed to the kitchen to see what the sound was.

Her debate over waking Requiem or not was over, as he was cleaning up cans that had fallen out of a cabinet.

"Morning," Ana said and sat down in a kitchen chair.

Last edited by Bibliophiliac on Wed May 04, 2011 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Mon May 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Turning suddenly at the sound, he noticed Ana standing there. "Um... Good morning" He said, slightly surprised. "Er... Sorry about the noise." He turned back to the cans and continued picking them up and putting them up. "I'm going to make some breakfast soon, would you like anyathing?" He asked her as he picked up the last few things and replaced them into the cupboard.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 am

"Pancakes?" Ana asked. Everything felt so surreal - Requiem being right in front of her, making breakfast, and herself actually feeling as if she had had enough rest.

"Can I help? I'm good with pancakes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Thu May 05, 2011 10:28 am

Requiem nodded "Sure, why not? Mix is over there in that cupboard" He told her while pointing vaguely towards a group of cupboards. Turning around, he began going through his pans, trying to find the one that he used for pancakes "Did you sleep alright?"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Thu May 05, 2011 7:58 pm

"Yes, it's a very fluffy bed. Could use a different decorator though," she joked. Instead of grabbing the mix he had directed her to, she found and took flour. Peeking into the fridge, she grabbed eggs and milk and a bowl in another cabinet.

"I make great pancakes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue May 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Requiem laughed lightly as she started grabbing ingredients "Alright, alright" He said standing up, a good pan in his hand. He set it down on the stove and looked her over as she worked, before finally speaking up, "You know... You never told me why you came all the way out here" He turned away slightly, feeling as though he'd pushed the question too quickly, yet feeling the need to know.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:08 am

Ana paused her actions and sighed heavily before turning to look at Requiem. She took another deep breath and set the ingredients down, in turn, she sat down near Requiem.

"My dad," she said as she pulled up her shirt slightly, revealing a large bruise on her ribs, "he started again after mom left." During their conversations online, she had confessed about her dad's abusive history.

"He wasn't going to stop this time. He said it was my fault for her leaving," her voice choked. "I shut myself in the bathroom, but I heard him go for the key, so I jumped out the window. I should have wa-waited for him to come back to the bathroom," tears streamed down her cheeks.

"He was still downstairs getting the key. He'd heard the window open, so he was waiting, and he caught me." Ana turned away from Requiem, embarrassed at her pathetic story and embarrassed for crying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Requiem looked at her for only a moment, letting the knowledge sink in, before approaching her quickly and pulling her into a hug. Seperating from her, he smiled "Well, good news is, you're safe now, and I'll make sure it stays that way, alright?" He told her reassuringly.

He looked at her and nodded "Now then, Breakfast, most important meal of the day, right?" He asked her with a grin "Let's get cooking"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Wiping the tears away, Ana nodded and smiled. "Let's get cracking," she stupidly joked as she grabbed an egg. She knocked it gently against a mixing bowl, and let it slide in.

"So, um," she bit her lip again, a traditional trademark for her, "do you mind that I'm here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 pm

"Of course not, to be completely honest, I'm glad to have you here" He told her "This place could use a woman's touch" Mainly though, it was just that he was glad to have her away from her father. Seeing as she had taken over the pancakes, he found he really didn't know what else to do, aside from try to stay out of her way
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:59 am

Ana giggled at his comment, because she definitely agreed. She whipped up the batter and poured bits of pancake-blobs into the frying pan. As she cooked, she became a different person. Her face relaxed and her body swayed elegantly as she moved between the stove and the mixing bowl.

About ten minutes later, she had made about a dozen pancakes. The plate slid gently onto the table before she carried the dirty dishes and cookware to the kitchen sink. Tehn she sat down beside Requiem and smiled.

"Dig in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 am

Requiem inhaled deeply, the smell of the hot fluffy pancakes almost making him drool. "You don't have to tell me twice" He told her with a light smile before dicing the pancake as he ate it.

After breakfast, Requiem walked over to the sink and began doing dishes. It didn't really surprise him that he finished well before her, he was always a pretty fast eater.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 am

"Sorry," Ana said through a mouthful of pancake, "I'm very slow." She was polite enough to cover her mouth with her hand.

Then she quickly shoveled the rest into her mouth and swallowed.

"Alright, now what shall we do today!?" Suddenly her energy level went up and she was ready to take on the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:56 pm

"Well, first things first, we need to get you some new clothes of your own" He told her with a slight smile. "Then... I dunno really, I'm not working for another three days, so... What do you want to do?" He asked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted   

Back to top Go down

Twisted
Page 1 of 1