Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 1:27 am

2005- England

Dear Minerva,

It has come to my attention that a Mr. Requiem Mortalis is moving to Ireland, and as such will be transferring from Forgotten Realm Academy, to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I have enclosed within this letter, a full copy of his dossier.

Wishing you the best, Nathaniel Willows

Dossier Enclosed

Name: Requiem Dominus Mortalis

Appearance:

Current Completed Year: 5

Other: Had his wand surgically placed into his right hand. Works flawlessly despite this, and keeps him from losing it as he does so many things. Also, completely disregards dress code, just try to ignore it.

Last edited by Requiem on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 3:39 am

Name: Jocelyn-Fae Karcher (nickname Joss)

Wand: Dragon Heartstring, Cherry, 15 3/4 inches

appearance: (sorry the picture is so big, I couldn't figure out a way to make it smaller)

Other: almost always has her headphones on, has a tattoo on her left arm of an all black butterfly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 12:58 pm

It was cold. Not that it surprised him, it was three in the morning, if it wasn't cold, he'd be worried really. Looking up from the road, Requiem tried to relax his mind, but it felt strange for him. He was to be enrolled in a different school, with different set ups, and far different lifestyles. He'd grown up in the poor part of town and had to make due with what he had. From what he understood though, most of the families did rather well out here. It didn't matter too much, he was nearly at the train station, military style dufflebag over his shoulder, everything set that he needed.
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Jocelyn sat on the curb outside of the train station, listening to her music, waiting for 11 o'clock to roll around when she seen someone walking up.

She watched him for a few moments, deciding that he was a wizard.

Just the way wizards and witches walked was different from a muggle, they walked like they knew what was around them while the muggles walked oblivious to what the Ministery had hidden right under their noses.

As he got closer she could see him a lot better but the closer he got the less he seemed like a wizard, non the less a wizard from hogwarts! For one thing he looked a little bit older then 17, he wasn't carrying much luggage and she couldn't spot a wand on him anywhere.

Oh hush Joss, do you honestly think a smart wizard would just have his wand out in the open for every muggle to see? She thought to herself, pushing her wand farther down into her bag.

"You know the train doesn't leave until eleven right?" She asked when he was close enough, deciding that if he wasn't a wizard then she could just make up something like 'oh I thought you were going on the train to Scotland' or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 4:48 pm

"Eleven huh?" He asked boredly. It was evident from his voice that he was an American "If I may ask though, which train are you referring to?" He looked her over a moment, before recognizing the common tells of a magick user. Instead of making it known though, he decided to play dumb and pretend not to have a clue what she was talking about. "The only train around at eleven is leaving at noon."

He tilted his head curiously at her before smirking "Eleven huh... Looks like I left too early..." He yawned boredly "Sorry, I'm Requiem, Requiem Dominus Mortalis"
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Jocelyn pulled her eyebrows together wondering how best to say 'hogwarts' without telling him that she was a witch if he was not a wizard.

"Jocelyn-Fae Karcher." She said, pulling off her headphones.

"And my mistake, I thought you were on the same train as me." She smiled.

"So your american huh?" She asked, changing the subject quickly, seeing as she was almost positive he wasn't a wizard anymore after all she hadn't really seen to many Americans in hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Requiem nodded "You're right by the way, I am on the same train as you, just wanted to mess with you a bit." He shook his head "You know, from Ireland to here isn't a bad walk, bit cold though" He sighed boredly "I just moved here a few days ago." He told her while simultaneously brushing his silver hair out of his face.

"So this... Hogwarts... What's it like?" He asked suddenly. "Nobody really knew much about it back home, apparently there's still some rough feelings with the magick users about the old war or something, not really sure"
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 5:14 pm

"Well..." Jocelyn said, struggling for words seeing as she had never had to explain hogwarts before. "It's...kind of.....Well did your school have houses?" She asked, going with the simplest thing first. "Ours does, and everyone goes on about the stereo types there but trust me non of them are true.....well I guess Hufflepuff is like its stereo type..... but anyways!" She said coming back to the conversation.

"Hogwarts is....nice I guess. A little strict but good." She told him, still struggling for words. "It's a little hard to explain the whole thing....." She admitted sheepishly. "Is there anything specific you want to know about it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 5:29 pm

"Houses... No, we didn't have houses, it was broken down into two categories, Active Magick, and Passive Magick. You had to take both sides, but you got to choose what you learned first, for instance, we had fourteen year olds learning the Expecto Patronum spell, and seventeen year olds learning the basic Protego spell. It's all based on how quickly you learn. After you get active and passive covered, then you're introduced to the more advanced magick, apparating, stuff like that" He explained. Suddenly, he realized that he had sort of rambled "I'm sorry... I was told that I would have to be sorted with all the first years I'm afraid, what are the houses? Also... Which are you in?"
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Jocelyn was amazed at what the American schools were like and blinked a few times before she could remember what hogwarts was like.

"Um..." she said for a moment before realizing what she wanted to say. "OH! right sorry, got distracted for a second. Anyways, there are four houses, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. I myself am in Ravenclaw." She smiled. "Each house is for people with different goals and different out look on life." She told him. "For example, Gryffindor is the house for those born brave and courageous." She said with a smile.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 5:41 pm

Requiem nodded, taking all the information in, when suddenly he noticed the time "Whatd'ya know eleven." He stood up and stretched "You know, this'll be my first time riding a train" He told her, not feeling exactly excited about the porospect
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 5:45 pm

"Oh?" She asked. "It's pretty bored to be honest. But I prefer it over driving or any other muggle transportation." She told him, grabbing her stuff and heading over to platform 9-10.

"Do you know how to get on the platform?" Jocelyn asked him, wondering if they had things like that in america.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 5:54 pm

"Magick?" He asked semi sarcastically. Obviously it was magick, but he did indeed know how. That much at least he'd been informed of in his transfer letter. With a slight smirk, he picked up his bag and stepped through the rather solid looking portal, and awaited his new friend to join him
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Jocelyn rolled her eyes and stepped through the portal.

"Your a bastard." She said smiling as she walked towards the train.

The platform was actually rather full which surprised her because it was only just know 11 o'clock.

Jocelyn smiled at a few people and waved at others, being familiar with most of the people there (besides the first years anyways.

"Sit with me?" She asked Requiem as she was about to push her stuff onto the train.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu May 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Requiem shrugged, it wasn't like he had anybody else to sit with. "Sure, why not?" He asked boredly, wondering if it was possible to apparate onto the train. Deciding not to test it, he looked at her for a moment, waiting for her to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu May 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Jocelyn pulled her trunk, owl cage and bag up onto the train and quickly found an empty compartment.

Looking behind her she found that Requiem was still following her so she began trying to push her luggage up above the seats, not very successfully seeing as she was a short girl and couldn't fully reach up there in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Tue May 10, 2011 6:39 pm

With a slight smirk, Requiem grabbed her luggage and hoisted it up for her. His own he just kept on the floor in front of his seat. He silently dropped down into his seat and slammed his feet onto the bag, turning it into a sort of lumpy footrest
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Jocelyn narrowed her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him before sitting down across from him.

"I could have done that myself thank you. I have been going here for six years." She told him with her arms folded across her chest, her legs crossed and her nose stuck up in the air trying to prove that she didn't need anyones help, short or not, she could do anything on her own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Requiem shrugged "Six years, one year, same difference" He told her before idly pointing his index finger at the compartment window, which immediately opened up. "Ah, fresh air is so very nice" He mused quietly before closing his eyes and leaning back, listening for her to say something sarcastic about him being a first year at hogwats
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Jocelyn paused for a moment when she seen what he just did with the window, quietly she looked back and forth between the window and his hand.

She knew he didn't have a wand in his hand.....she would have seen it.

"Okay either you Americans are way ahead of us or....YOU JUST OPENED THE FUCKING WINDOW WITH YOUR FINGER." She said in wonderment. "Seriously.....is this a trick? Like....What....The....Flying.....Fuck...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Requiem looked at her curiously for a moment before realizing that she obviously wouldn't know "Oh, um... My bad, actually, I did open it with my finger, sort of. I had my wand surgically embedded into my hand. Easier to control, harder to lose, and just as affective" He explained to her "I was actually the only one at school back home who had it done as well. It's rather risky. Only an 8% chance of success, and if it doesn't take, no more magick"
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 9:09 pm

Jocelyn blinked.

"If it's only 8% successive then why would you risk it? I don't know how muggles live without magic, I just simply wouldn't be able to really do anything. Like cousin Eric, he's a squib, but I mean I guess that it was a low chance that he would be a wizard anyways because he's half blood." She shrugged. "But my point is I don't know how he does it, like this one time we were all on Holiday and so all of my cousins were at my aunts and whatnot and he went to go make himself coffee and I just stood their bewildered, I had never seen muggle coffee before! Let alone seen it be made! It was amazing but it took a while to make. I mean I just don't understand how they go on with no magic." She told him, sighing.

"Oh...I'm sorry I've started to ramble haven't I?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 9:31 pm

He laughed lightly "No worries, and I was raised as a muggle, so the prospect of magick or no magick made little difference to me." That said, he leaned back once again and closed his eyes, thinking back on his past life. So much chaos and frustration. He yawned and stretched before waving his finger around in the air, creating black marker like lines in the air that eventually formed an image of a small dragon which then came to life and began flying around the small compartment, swooping down and eventually crashing into his bag and disappearing
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Jocelyn's eyes were wide, she had a lot of questions but knew better then to go pestering someone about their past so she stayed quiet.

Running a hand through her hair as she watched the dragon she couldn't help herself. "Were you surprised when you got the letter to the American witchcraft school or did you already know you were a wizard? Actually how do they invite you in America? Is it by owl or...?" She asked before she could stop herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 9:45 pm

"Dog." He replied simply. "Mine was a ratty looking mutt, found me on the streets shortly after I ran away" He told her "And as for the letter, I thought it was some sort of prank at first, but then one night, lying in an alley I found myself surrounded by messenger dogs" He shrugged "So I followed the instructions and boom, instant magician powers." He didn't move much from his spot, but he opened his eyes "Luckily for me, most Magus shops take muggle money, so I managed to get clothes and stuff rather easily"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   

Back to top Go down

Hogwarts Exchange Student
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next