Share | 

Hogwarts Exchange Student

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 9:45 pm

"Dog." He replied simply. "Mine was a ratty looking mutt, found me on the streets shortly after I ran away" He told her "And as for the letter, I thought it was some sort of prank at first, but then one night, lying in an alley I found myself surrounded by messenger dogs" He shrugged "So I followed the instructions and boom, instant magician powers." He didn't move much from his spot, but he opened his eyes "Luckily for me, most Magus shops take muggle money, so I managed to get clothes and stuff rather easily"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Jocelyn noded.

"How....odd. Although I do suppose that it is a lot less odd seeing a bunch of owl's flying around in mid-day then it is to see a bunch of stray dogs running around." She said after a moment, mostly talking to herself. "Anyways. I'm suprised that they took muggle money, it's not really like that out here, especially Knockturn Ally, that place for sure would not take muggle money, I mean I have only been their twice both times I was accompanied by my father and two of our guards." She told him. "It's a rather dangerous place."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 10:01 pm

"So you're a rich kid huh?" He asked boredly. He grew up in an orphanage off and on throughout his childhood, the off parts being when he escaped and lived on the streets. He was quite accustomed to dangerous places.
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 10:05 pm

"I wouldn't call us rich," Jocelyn shrugged. "But my mother and father are slightly well known so they generally are under close watch and protection, meaning his children are too." She told him with an annoyed look on her face, she obviously hated it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Requiem nodded, and sensing the aggression hidden there decided to change the subject "Diggin' your accent by the way"
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Jocelyn's eyes went wide and her cheeks slightly pink. "Um....thank you?" She said feeling awkward. "I like the American accent, it's cute." She said honestly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 10:28 pm

"My accent? It's boring" He said, despite being happy, and slightly surprised at being told it was 'cute'. "I have never in my life heard of any other nationality trying to mimic an American accent, aside from perhaps a business deal"
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Wed May 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Jocelyn shrugged. "a lot of people here have really strong accents, sometimes like with the Scottish accent it will be so thick that it's hard to understand them." She told him.

"And that is probably because it's easier for American's to mimic the British or Scottish or Irish or whatever accent then it is for us to mimic an american accent." She said clearing her throat. "For example: I would like some tea and crumpet please." She attempted an american accent and failing horribly. "See?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Sun May 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Requiem smirked slightly "Well of course it doesn't sound right with an american accent, we don't have crumpets, or at least I've never seen one" He told her. With that, he smiled "On the other hand, I can mimic pretty much any accent I hear" He told her, shifting accents throughout, ranging from southern, northern, californian, new york, mexican, irish, scottish, english, australian, russian, french, indian, and italian. "I used to get bored a lot when I was younger" He explained with a slight shrug
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu May 19, 2011 1:47 am

"Oh I knew that, I don't eat crumpets myself, I was just making my point that the British have harder time when they do an American accent when the Americans it comes easier to them to do accents." Jocelyn told him, giggling slightly at the different accents Requiem did.

"Tell me more about the American magic school. What is it like there? Hogwarts is kind of boring after the Potter boy left and the Dark Lord was taken down.....his kids still attend but most of them are snobbish prats." Jocelyn said, screwing up her face, she obviously didn't like the bunch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu May 19, 2011 1:56 am

"Oh right, Moldy Voldy" Requiem remarked slightly amused. He'd heard something about that on the news a while ago. "Well, if they're snobbish brats we'll just have to put them in their place, won't we?" He asked with a wry grin, propping his arms behind his head. "American school... Well... I dunno, I've pretty much told you the main its of it, everybody is equal, and thus judged based on skill, and effort. It makes rivalries far more intense that way too"
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu May 19, 2011 2:09 am

"Right, I doubt we will be able to. They don't get into fights, they just push around the girls and the girls in their...'group' if you will, they are the ones that end up in fights, either way they are all just Slytherin haters, which I think is just cruel. They say not to be prejudice against mix bloods of muggle borns and yet they ignore people who are Slytherins, who are relatives to Death Eaters and if they don't know about the great and famous Harry Potter and his followers if you werent muggle born and don't have an excuse oh trsut me they will slam the story into your head......litrarly. They are the worst bullies of the school and if anyone even has the slightest idea of giving them the taste of their own medicine they go straight to the headmaster and if that doesn't work they call in mummy and daddy to make The headmaster expell them. It's complete bollocks." Jocelyn said, the look of disgust growing.

"They've beaten up a lot of students, including me. In fact, up until around two years ago, when I kneed one of the guys in the nuts, we would get into pretty bad fights....I'm just lucky that they didn't get me expelled." She told them, remembering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu May 19, 2011 2:21 am

Requiem just laughed "You've never had me there, I've perfected a way to counteract the veritaserum potion even. If the strongest truth potions can't break me, I think I'll be fine" He told her, slightly amused, "And if they expel me, that's fine, I'm beyond graduating marks, the only reason I'm still here is to finish up with the time I have left"
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu May 19, 2011 2:54 am

"Beyond graduating marks...." Jocelyn asked confused. "then exactly how old are you?" She asked, eyeing him, a little creeped out at how young he looked. "And does that mean that your a really good liar or that you just lie a lot?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu May 19, 2011 7:16 pm

"I'm eighteen" He told her bored now "And you could say I'm a good liar, but the truth is, I'm a master of shifting the truth in my favor" Closing his eyes, he readjusted himself in the seat again "And I finished all the courses two years ago, I just learned quickly, I just need to finish the required amount of years"
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Fri May 20, 2011 9:52 pm

"I see." Jocelyn said. "Well then, if your so good at it....show me." She said, being a pain.

"I mean you don't have to but until you do, well I'm just going to have to call your bluff." She said smiling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Requiem smiled slightly "If that is your choice than so be it" He told her, a slightly amused look moving acrossed his face.

---------------------------------------------

They spoke for a while, until they heard somebody come along and let them know that they'd be arriving at Hogwarts shortly. Jocelyn left to go change into her robes, and Requiem remained in his seat, never really bothering to move or change.

---------------------------------------------

When they arrived at the school, Requiem was offered a chance to take the boats, or go on the carriages. He didn't know any first years, and felt he'd probably get rather annoyed with them, he decided on the carriages.
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:47 pm

"Don't like children huh?" Jocelyn teased and she helped herself up and into the carriage, smiling slightly that Requiem decided to come with her, whatever the reason might be.

Before the carriage door shut they were accompanied by a few of the other students, Jocelyn gave them a small smile, knowing each of them. And now being a full carriage they were off, being dragged up to the castle by things that only one third of the students could actually see.

Jocelyn watched Requiem for a few seconds, noting that he was silent, the other three students being deep in conversation with each other.

"What are you thinking?" Jocelyn asked before she could stop herself, she went slightly pink in the cheeks after hearing the words come out of her own mouth but non the less she wanted to hear the answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Requiem watched the environment pass by him. Trees, a lot of open space, it was nothing like what he had grown up learning in. His old school was in the middle of a city, down a dark alley, and then from there, underground. It was quiet and nobody ever even came close to finding the place. It took him a while to get accustomed to the place, but afterwards, it was home to him. He spent as much time as possible there.

Suddenly while he was thinking on his past and everything that had occured in his life, he was pulled back to reality by a voice, "What are you thinking?" She asked. Requiem turned to face her with a slightly surprised appearance "Huh? Oh, nothing, just... Home" He told her quietly. He'd tried to avoid making contact with the others in the carriage, and they seemed to do the same, though for what reasons he couldn't be sure.

He turned to face Jocelyn fully, noticing the color of her cheeks, and deciding to change the subject to make things easier on her, and himself likely. "So... What are the teachers here like?" He asked forgetting that the term was Professor. It, of course, didn't matter too much though, most authority figures he simply called by their last name, it didn't matter who they were. Nonetheless, he was curious who was best to avoid and the like.
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:14 pm

"Well.." said Jocelyn thinking of them all. "Some of them are really nice others though..." She said eying the other students, making sure they were deep in conversation.

"It all depends on your house." She whispered to him. "The Heads Of Houses--Oh wait you probably don't know what that is. Well four of the teachers run a house each and they are responsible for that house, therefore all the points they earn and lose the 'Head of House' will hear about it and trust me if you lose points for your house oh they will rip you a new one." She told him.

"But again it all depends on your house. The Slytherin and Gryffindor Head Of Houses are the most brutal. I've heard that the Slytherin Head Of House will kick you out of the school for losing five points!" She sighed, eying the students again. "But that's all rumor. Anyways back to the teachers, the one I say you wouldn't want to get on the bad side of would probably be the Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher but....he left last year. So I have no idea who will be teaching it. OH! And careful with the Herbology teacher, Professor Sprout, she can be awfully moody around that time of the month." Jocelyn chuckled. "I'm sorry I'm rambling aren't I?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Requiem shook his head "No, no, you're fine. I asked after all, didn't I?" He asked rhetorically. The carriage approached the school and Requiem got a better view of it. "This... Certainly sticks out a fair bit more than my previous school did" He said quietly

(Sorry it's not much, I just can't think of what to write for this one)
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:36 pm

"Yeah," Jocelyn said, smiling at it. "They have charms all around it so that why muggles don't see it. That can't even hear! And we are always pretty loud here."

Jocelyn walked forwards with the others, still smiling up at the castle. "It's all in Hogwarts, A History." She whispered to him, nodding slightly.

"Hey how are you getting sorted anyways? Your pretty far from the first years....I mean I you just going to walk into with the first years or sit down until your name is called or what?" Jocelyn asked, confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Requiem shook his head "Honestly? I don't really know. I suppose I'll end up waiting with the first years" He said with a slight shrug. As they walked in, he saw a proffessor waving him over "Well, that's my cue" he said with a sigh, turning and walking to the Headmaster, who was apparently leading him to the staff table, apparently as he was new to the area, he got a special introduction
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Jocelyn smiled and waved before taking a seat at the Ravenclaw table and waiting.

McGonagall made a speech about Requiem which Jocelyn didn't really listen to, at the moment one of the other Ravenclaw's were bugging her about her studies and she was trying to get them to leave her alone.

And before she knew it they brought out the stool and hat and Jocelyn ignored them so that way she could see them be sorted, wondering if Ravenclaw would get any new students.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Reguiem thanked McGonagall for the introduction quietly and was quickly ushered to the stool. He sat down and the hat was promptly dropped on his head. Requiem Dominus Mortalis, Latin, In Death The Lord Rests For Eternity. An Interesting name to say the least. Of course you're an interesting development for Hogwarts aren't you? It was the hat, Requiem was sure. A genius in your own right, but so cold, and calculating aren't you? You hold a taint of darkness. So... What shall it be? Ravenclaw the Wise? Or Slytherin? Requiem ran the options for a moment before deciding. Suddenly, the hat called out "RAVENCLAW!"

Requiem nodded taking off the hat, leaving a silent 'Thank You' as a thought before he set it down. He looked around and spotted the Ravenclaw's, and his new friend. He quickly made his way over to her. It was true, he could've made his way easily through Slytherin, but he preferred to keep his madness under wraps. Nobody needed to know after all.
Back to top Go down
ChangelingUnderTheIce

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Jocelyn grinned very widely and clapped very loudly before patting him on the back when he came to sit down.

"Welcome to Ravenclaw my friend, were wit beyond measure is mans greatest treasure!" She said, repeating the words she had heard very many times as a Ravenclaw.

The rest of the sorting passed dully and most Jocelyn ignored it, being happy that Requiem was in her house.

"So now that your in Ravenclaw you know people will be hating you and expecting a lot from you right?" She said as the sorting came to an end and McGonagall stood up to make a speech before they ate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Exchange Student   

Back to top Go down

Hogwarts Exchange Student
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next