My heart is pierced by cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing that can console me
But my jolly sailor bold
Come all ye pretty fair maids
Whoever ye may be
Who love a jolly sailor bold
That plows the raging sea.

Mermaids. Beautiful, cunning, deceptive creatures that dwell below the surface of the vast and open seas. They enchant sailors and pull them below the waters, dragging them to their doom. It was later discovered that these beautiful dwellers of the sea could possess legs if they were brought completely out of the water. In their full human form, they become much less dangerous and much more ordinary. Many mermaids are captured and either tortured or used for their magical tears, which can bring healing to those who need it. Pirates are being hired to capture mermaids and harvest their tears for the use of the British government.
One night, after a group of pirates captured yet another mermaid, they came upon the knowledge of a rare treasure that only a mermaid could find. It was somewhere far across the ocean, on a small island where mermaids were known to habitat. Ever since that day, that mermaid has been kept prisoner by a pirate captain who is set on getting the rumored treasure. It was rumored that the treasure was a large sum of precious gems that could rule the winds and the sea, the owner of such gems would in fact become king of the sea.

-------------------
Bio:
Name:
History:

Name: Avaedra (bah. She's a mermaid. She doesn't need a last name.)
Looks: Avaedra is stunningly beautiful, with bright blue eyes and long black hair and dark red lips. She stands at five foot two and has a slim figure. When she is in her mermaid form, she has a shimmering light pink tail.
History: She's set on getting the treasure and moving it before any of her fellow mermaids tell the pirates where it's located. She was kidnapped from the sea when she was 15 and learned the ways of humans rather quickly. She's currently posing as a man in order to get onto a ship and get to the treasure. Avaedra wears a small necklace with a compass charm on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Name: Nikolai Brooks
Appearance:

History: Born in Ireland, Nikolai, whom most people just call Brooks, sought for freedom, and soon discovered that there was no greater freedom than that of a pirate. He lived as a rather gentleman styled pirate though, using his quick mind and his silver tongue to get most of what he wanted. On the off chance that those didn't work though, his sword was sharp, and he was an expert with any gun he laid hands on. He found himself quickly on the recruiting list of the military's privateer suggestions, which he promptly turned down with a bullet through the flag. Despite this, he is fairly approved of in most ports he goes through, and is welcomed kindly in any pub he passes by. Recently, he aquired information on a lost treasure that he would rather enjoy aquiring, as he was a self proclaimed archeologist as well as a Pirate, and he collected the past.

Last edited by Requiem on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:24 pm

It was mid day and the winds were perfect for sailing, just the kind of day that pirates loved. There was one pirate captain in particular who was not happy at all. The mermaid he had been keeping for his own personal use had escaped and was on the loose, somewhere on the island.

As it turned out, she was wandering to some extent, ears open for any possible openings on any crews. It couldn't be just any crew though, it needed to be a crew that had some credibility. Avaedra pulled the brim of her hat down a bit, brushing a little more mud across her cheek. She could easily pass as a boy if her face was covered with dirt and her hair was tucked up. If you looked closely, you could tell that she was too pretty to be a boy.

She walked into a busy pub and found a place to sit in the back, keeping her ears and eyes open. Avaedra fixed her shirt a bit, sighing a little because it practically swallowed her up. "Clothes. Useless." she muttered, blue eyes wandering around once more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:44 pm

"So I says te the fellah, 'Listen pal, that's not a horse yer lookin' at there, that's m'sister!'" A loud rumbling of laughter ensued, and Nikolai Brooks just rolled his eyes, before taking another drink. There weren't any here worth recruiting after all. He'd heard tell that Jack Sparrow was hiring nearby, and assumed that likely it was that the good recruits were already signed on. With a sigh, he tossed a coin acrossed the bar to the keep and pushed open the door.

It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the light, when one of his crew approached him, nearly tripping on a young boy in his rush. "Captain Brooks sir! The Navy is running rampant, we've got to ge-" He stopped when he saw his Captain's gaze pass over the boy. After a few moments of watching him, Brooks spoke "You there, boy, I'm looking for a new deckhand. Are you interested in getting off this godforsaken island?" He asked.

The crewman looked at Brooks like he was mad. The Royal Navy running about the island, searching for Pirates, and he's trying to recruit some boy who didn't look like he'd be able to do much more than swab the deck. Nonetheless, the crewman turned to face the boy properly "We're the Scar Pirates lad, and we're in a hurry, if you're up for joining, come along with us" He turned to face his Captain "Now come along, we need to hury!" Nikolai looked at the boy a moment longer, feeling something wasn't right about him, but shaking his head and turning to walk towards the docks.
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Avaedra didn't realize that he was speaking to her and after a moment her head shot up, "Yes!" she exclaimed, standing upright. "Are you looking for the treasure by chance?" She attempted not to smile, keeping her head down slightly. She walked over to the man who had spoken to her and slowly looked up at him, smiling faintly. "Thank you sir." she followed after him, her head down.

"Hey!" A pirate walked into the pub, face drawn down in an angry look. "Has anyone seen a woman around here? Pretty thing, dark hair."

Avaedra stiffened slightly and glanced towards the man speaking before she quickened her pace, hoping that he didn't see her and recognize her. She shoved her hands into her pockets and kept walking, humming quietly to herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Brooks didn't answer, he could tell by the look on his crewmates face that things were getting pretty bad. It was highly likely though, that if Jack was here in the Island like he'd heard, then he was the source of the chaos, nonetheless, it was better to avoid trouble when at all possible. He did however take note of the boys voice, he'd have to watch him, something didn't seem quite right.

Shaking his head, he quickened his pace, "C'mon, we don't have time to waste." He said quietly, pulling them into a side alley that lead to the docks. They could travel a little easier in the alleyways, thieves and scoundrels liked him, he tended to ditch loot with them wherever he went, and they returned the favor in kind by keeping him protected from watching eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------

About ten minutes later, they arrived at the dock, in front of his ship, Zaigou, a Galleon style ship with a Raven for a figurehead. "Here we are" He said with a smile, examining his ship. He looked up to his Jolly Roger, the skull and crossbones had been altered slightly, featuring a gothic cross through the forehead of the skull with some unknown language written down the center of the cross, and bowed his head slightly, before boarding the vessel.

Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Avaedra was silent the entire time, she rarely spoke since it was uncomfortable to try and keep her voice low. She was designed to be beautiful in just about every aspect, even her voice was enchanting.

"This is your ship then?" she asked quietly, head raised slightly as she looked at the large ship. "It's lovely." she grimaced slightly, realizing that no man was going to comment on how 'lovely' a ship looked. "I mean...it's nice."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:14 pm

Brooks nodded, silently making note of the behavior again, before speaking "Welcome to Zaigou, your new home." With that out of the way he called out to his first mate "Marco! Pull us out of here, this place is dead for good men."

Marco, understanding his Captains odd way of speaking nodded and began ordering the crew about. While he did that, Brooks turned to the 'boy', "You there, come with me, we need to talk"
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Avaedra nodded, "Yes sir." she touched her cheek just to make sure thaat the dirt was still there. Her eyes wandered a bit, taking in the crew and the ship again. She rubbed her hand against the back of her neck, something she did when she was nervous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Brooks walked silently up the steps and into his cabin, from there to his desk. He sat down and turned to face 'him'. "Now then" He said, now that they were alone. "What's your name?" He asked
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Avaedra followed him into his cabin and stood there, feeling just a tad bit awkward. "Av-" she grimaced and shook her head, grasping for a boy name. "Andrew." she said, bobbing her head slightly. "Andrew Smith."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Brooks smiled "No need to hide it, you're no boy" He said quietly "And we've got women aboard the ship aside from you you know. If you'd like I'll keep pretending you're a boy for the crew, but I have two requests from you. Don't lie to me." He said turning suddenly very serious, and somewhat frightening. "This crew is a family, don't ever betray our family" He said stating the other rule
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:46 pm

"My name's Avaedra." Avaedra sighed, somewhat in relief as she pulled off her hat and ran a hand through her hair. "Glad I don't need to pretend then." she replied. "And I treat crew memebers as family." she told him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Brooks nodded "Well then, a pleasure to have you aboard Miss Avaedra" He said. "Now, the best place for you I believe would be the crows nest. It's previous occupant decided to highdive out of it, and mistook the deck for the ocean." He told her with a grimace "Was not pretty" He shook his head "Well, come on then, let's introduce you to everybody, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Avaedra shook her head and smiled faintly, "I'll try to refrain from any highdiving." she promised. "Besides...I tend to stay away from water when I can." The fact of the matter was, if she got any water on her skin, you would be able to see the fine, glittering scales that normally covered her body when it was submerged beneath water. She walked towards the door and held it open for him, "So you have a nice crew I take it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Brooks stopped and looked at her for a moment "Well..." He said nervously "You see... Yeah, they're all good, watch out for Marco though, he can be a bit bullheaded." He told her, suddenly smiling again.
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Avaedra's face was serious, "I'm just making sure that I won't be beaten or raped on your ship." she said flatly. "That's all I need to know, Sir."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:14 pm

"Like I said, we're family, and the penalty for betraying the family is quite a simple one. Death." He told her. He made it clear that anyone brought aboard his ship was considered off limits unless specified otherwise. His crew knew the consequences, had seen them before, and didn't want to face them. "Well, come along then, we'll get you introduced to the crew, and then find you a bed to sleep in"
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Avaedra nodded, glad that she was welcome on board. "A bed isn't necessary, I can sleep just about anywhere." She was quite used to that after being on the previous ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:30 pm

"Nonsense! Do you honestly think I'd let my family just sleep on the floor?" He asked her with a smile. He led her about the ship, introducing her to the crew, taking a few extra minutes to talk to Marco about the heading to take. It was a short introduction to everybody, but he figured that she'd be sure to get accustomed to things on the ship, everybody was pretty friendly on the ship. Everybody respected him as Captain, despite his sometimes rather non Captain like behavior.

Brooks shook his head "Well, that's all the crew, now to find you a space to live in." He told her leading her into the ship and walking down the halls and stairs. The inside of the ship was not what one would expect from a pirates vessel, but more like a luxury cruise liner, wide extravagant staircases, large rooms everything a person could desire in the ways of comfort. He was a very successful pirate after all.
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Avaedra laughed lightly and followed him around the ship, smiling at everyone she met. "You have a nice crew." she said softly, following him along the ship. Her eyes wandered around aimlessly, taking in each detail of every room. "Well...you have a beautiful ship." she murmured, smiling a bit when she looked at him. "Your crew is very respectful, I think this is the first crew I've seen that holds so much respect for their captain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:47 pm

"I picked up most of them off the street, living alone, nobody to care for them, and I took them in, made them part of my family." He explained "I'll take care of them until I die, and they're ready to do the same for me." Leading her down a hallway until he found a room that was unoccupied "Here we are" He told her "Just one thing, as this is a pirate ship, each room has a cannon in it that can be pushed up to the window should the need arise" That said, he opened the door, and revealed a finely furnished room that held a great deal of comfort. Compared to his own room which was comprised of his desk, an old chair, and a cot in the back where he slept, the crew's quarters seemed like those of nobility.

(I changed my picture)
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 pm

(ah! okies dokes!)

Avaedra stood in the doorway for a moment, stunned into silence. "Sir...a room this lovely doesn't deserve an occupant like myself." she said softly, her eyes wandering around a bit. "You are far too kind." she murmured, fiddling with her long hair. She wasn't accustomed to being treated so kindly and she looked at him, gauging his expression to see if he was just pulling her leg. To say that she gave away her trust easily would be a lie, she knew better than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Brooks shook his head "No no, it's the same as any other cabin" He told her with a smile "Now, get some sleep, you've got work to do tomorrow" He patted her on the back and nodded "Alright, well, if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me, or any of the other crew"
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51 am

Avaedra nodded a little, "Thank you Sir." she replied softly. She knew very little about how to work a ship, her previous captor hadn't taught her a thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   

Back to top Go down

Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next