Share | 

Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51 am

Avaedra nodded a little, "Thank you Sir." she replied softly. She knew very little about how to work a ship, her previous captor hadn't taught her a thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Brooks smiled, "Well, welcome to the family." That said, nodded, and left, headed for his cabin. Once he arrived there, he collapsed on the ragged cot that served as his bed. He could easily have had a room similar to that of the crew, but he felt it necessary to keep in touch with the roots of where he was from, and where his crew was from. He never wanted to forget the life he had under the government. Now as a pirate, he was free. Freedom was the one thing he valued the most.

Three days later, Brooks stepped out on the deck. He was frequently found hidden within the confines of his quarters, and he was rarely bothered even though he left the door unlocked. Anybody could come to him and he would hear them out and do what he could if they required something.

This time though, Brooks had aquired a heading. They needed to make port in a small town before heading out for the treasure he sought. This treasure was rumoured to be enough to buy one a small country, or at the very least a chain of islands. That was his official goal, to give his family a solid home, a place they could go whenever they needed to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Avaedra watched him as he left, a deep sigh slipping from her lips before she plopped down on the bed. It had been years since she had been treated so nicely and she wasn't going to take advantage of the captain's kindness towards her. Avaedra would work hard and hopefully prove herself worthy to actually be a part of his crew.

During the days that passed, Avaedra busied herself with anything she could find to do. She cleaned up a bit on the ship and climbed around on the rigging and made sure that things were secure. She didn't see the captain as often as she had thought she would, but when she had heard that he had aquired a heading, she immediately went to his cabin to inquire where he was planning on going. She knocked three times on his door before she opened it up a bit and glanced inside, "Sir? May I come in?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Brooks looked up from his papers and smiled "Ah, Avaedra, yes, come in, come in." He looked around his rather bare looking room before nodding "Yes, sit down, what can I do for you m'dear?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Avaedra stepped inside and returned his smile, "Sir...I was wondering something. You are in need of a mermaid for this treasure, aren't you?" she asked. She wasn't going to tell him what she was, but she would try and prevent him from capturing any of her sisters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Brooks nodded slightly "With any luck, I can get one to help me" He told her without putting too much thought into his words, he had no intention of capturing one, he was hoping to be able to work something out with them, of course his crew didn't know that, they were thinking that they'd be getting a pet mermaid or something of the like. "Why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Avaedra smiled and shrugged lightly, "No particular reason." She replied, "I was just curious, It just seems cruel to actually capture one. It's- I mean, it looks quite painful." She remembered the day she had been captured in one pirate's net and hauled up onto their ship, the scars from where the rope had burned her skin had not yet faded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Brooks shook his head and turned to his papers for a moment, scanning for something quickly before shaking his head yet again and turning his attention back to Aveadra "No, no, I'm what you might call a Pirate with a Heart" He told her. "You wouldn't happen to know of any friendly merfolk would you?" He asked in a slightly joking tone. He doubted that she would, most people barely knew anything about them, but he knew that it never hurt to ask, as long as the tone was capable of being considered as something else.
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Avaedra laughed quietly and shook her head, "I might." she answered, wrapping a piece of dark hair around her finger. She offered him a light smile and a quick shrug of her shoulders, "She's in a rather delightful mood, actually, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind seeing you. Would you like me to go find her?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Brooks looked at her, shocked. "You... Actually do?" He asked, still not entirely sure if he should believe her "You remember what I said about lying, right?" He asked. If she was joking, surely she'd take back what she said. But... What if she was being serious? What if she did actually know one? He could scarcely believe it, but the very possibility... It made his dreams actually fall within reach.
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Avaedra nodded her head, "I do." she chewed on her lower lip for a moment before she sat down. "What can I help you with?" she smiled slightly and tilted her head to the side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:35 am

Recomposing himself, Brooks forced himself to relax. "I just wish to speak with one, I heard of a treasure that only Mermaids know of, an old fool claimed that he'd captured one and that she'd disclosed the information of it. Poor thing, can't imagine the tortures the pig forced her to endure." He shook his head, sitting forward, leaning against his desk.

"Anyway... The point is, that if we can aquire that treasure, then the crew can live in peace, nobody would have a reason to bother with the merfolk, so they'd be safe, of course, I wouldn't want all of their treasure, and I'd be willing to work something out in exchange." He told her. Mostly he was just thinking out loud as he hadn't really thought that far into the matter. He hadn't honestly believed he'd get to meet a mermaid, at least not for many years, but it gave his crew something to hope for.

Shaking his head quickly, he looked up to her "Sorry, ignore my rambling, like I said, I just wish to speak with one. If you know one though... How will you contact her? Where do we need to go?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 pm

"You've been speaking with one." Avaedra smiled just a bit and watched him for a moment, "I do know where the treasure is and if you want me help you find it, I will." She ran a hand through her dark hair and crossed her ankles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Brooks stopped dead "Say again? You're telling me that yo-" He paused for a moment, looking her over. He'd only recently heard about the merfolk's treasure, on that last island, from the Captain who claimed he'd caught one. "You... You're the one that escaped from the piece of shit back there on the island, aren't you?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Avaedre nodded slightly, "Yes, that was me." she answered, smiling faintly, "And you were my ride out of there, I do appreciate that." She would help him find the treasure if that was what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Brooks let himself sink back into his chair, as what she said sank into him "You... Have suffered greatly, haven't you?" He asked, although he knew the answer
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Avaedra watched him for a moment and then nodded, "I have." she answered, "But that's all a part of the past now, so let's not dwell on it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:17 pm

"Of course, of course, forgive me." He said apologetically. "So... Will you lead us to the treasure?" He asked softly. He felt... weird, asking her like that, but he didn't really know how else to ask.
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Avaedra nodded, "Of course." she said, offering him a small smile. "Especially since you asked so nicely."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:42 pm

"Great, thank you" He told her with a smile before going quiet again "Er... Perhaps we shouldn't tell the others that you're a mermaid, quite yet, hm?" He asked. He wasn't quite sure how they would handle it at the time, and in truth, he didn't want any trouble. Keeping quiet would be the best solution as it was, and at least this way, she was safe.

He closed his eyes, leaning back into his chair more comfortably, and rested his arms against the hardwood boards that supported them. Soon enough he'd be able to give his family a home, a place to live in peace. He looked forward to the day.
Back to top Go down
Sailor One
The Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Avaedra smiled slightly and crossed her ankles, "That's probably a wise desicion." she said, bowing her head in agreement. "Is there anything that I can do for you?" she figured she would ask anyways, even if he didn't have anything that he needed doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:22 pm

He shook his head in response "No no, you've done plenty, thank you" He told her with a smile before standing up and heading over to the window overlooking the ocean. Soon... Soon we'll be free of this accursed government... He shook his head as though to clear his mind before turning back to face her "Don't you have some work to be doing or something, Sailor?" He asked with a teasing smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)   

Back to top Go down

Treasure of Kings (Mature/Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2