The illness (AstralEyes and I)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Well figure out the plot Later.

Name: Alistair

Looks: Lightly curly black hair that reaches his shoulders. Always wears the Rabbit Hole’s cloak. He has raven: Claws, wings and eyes.

Power: Shadow Magic. He can use shadows to trap and kill people.

Other: He is unaware that he was created by the gods. His right: wing, Claw, and eye come from Memory. His left: Wing, claw, and eyes come from Thought. He’s been around since the dawn of time, he just doesn’t know it

Last edited by Johnny R. McAvery on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://johnnyrmcavey.deviantart.com
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Name: (Former) Prince Kaerul (Pronounced KY-REL)

Looks: Neck length silky, yet messy dark blue hair. Piercing blue eyes of glacier. Very well-toned body, and tanned skin. Wears a white tunic, fur boots, black gauntlets lined with gold lacing, and a flowing red cape. Also upon his forehead is a horned golden crown, imbedded with various precious jewels.

Power: Strings of Fate. Emits spirit-like strings from his fingertips, which can be used as whips against enemies, or to attach to certain objects and pull him towards them - sort of like tentacles. On much weaker opponents, when penetrated by these spiritual strings, Kaerul makes a spiritual connection and has the ability to instantly kill them by snapping two fingers over the strings - like a pair of scissors cutting their thread of life in two.

Background: Once the proud and noble prince of his kingdom, Kaerul was outcast by his people after attempting to poison his father and steal the throne. Banished to the Northern Mountains as punishment, he was forced to change his selfish ways as he struggled to learn to live on his own and survive. Rumor has it that prolonged exposure to the harsh atmosphere of the mountains has turned his hair and eyes a frosty blue, and caused him to cease aging by destroying the aging cells in his body.
A vile plague has recently spread across the land, killing most of kingdom's populace, but Kaerul is immune to the plague's effects for some reason. On top of this, an ominous being by the name of Alistair has arrived, sent by the mysterious 'Allseers', who is intent on destroying the planet and thereby preventing the plague from spreading to other worlds - for the better good of mankind. Determined to stop this man from achieving his goal, and unable to stand a chance against him due to their sickly conditions, the remaining inhabitants of the kingdom have placed their last hope in the boy who they had outcast long ago. They have sent a messenger to request the return of Prince Kaerul, who they believe to be the only one capable of saving them at this point. He accepts, having changed much over the years and learned from his past mistakes, now seeking redemption by fighting for his people once more against this new menace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Alistair detested the idea from his Superiors. We was intent on stopping them at all cost. Being the person he was he had powers to stop them but he'd need help. he saw an Icy haired youth and figured he could help, after all the youth was immune to it's virus.
Having been in the top ranks of the operation he knew a lot about what was inside of the operations, but he alone couldn't stop it.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:17 pm

"You wish to defy your superiors? Why should I believe you?" Kaerul asked, glaring coldly into the stranger's eyes and looking for any signs of deceit. "What's to keep me from thinking you're the one responsible for this plague that has killed most of my people, and are now seeking to merely trick me, so you can stab me in the back when I'm not looking...?" He readied his sword at his side as he waited for a response, preparing to draw and engage in battle if he must.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:20 pm

"If i wished to kill you i could have done it long ago." replied Alistair. He was eating an apple for flying made him hungry. "I've lived longer than by brothers, i don't know why, but it's allowed me to see things most haven't. I don't need you for secrets, i did your help. Don't you wish to help your people and be on the throne again? Someone like you would make for a good king."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:27 pm

"King of what?" Kaerul asked coldly, turning his head left and right at the sickly people dying all around him. "Every single one of these people are infected and have little time left, and there is seemingly no cure. At this rate, the few remaining will be dead within a week...and there will be NO ONE left!" The anger inside him was roaring, but he had learned during his years of solitude that anger and pessimism rarely solved anything. And this stranger, this insider to the cause of this plague, seemed to want to help for some reason...and so he was his only hope at this point. "Very well then, it's not like I have any other choice...what is your plan to stop this madness?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 pm

" There is a man, who has been captured by my kin the Allseers. He is a human, but he is also a medical alchemist. They captured him, because he can cure this madness. We'll have to free him, but i warn you, they don't like humans, well either have to disguise you or make you look like a prisoner." Said Alistair as he finished his apple. He threw the core done the hill side.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:35 pm

"Hmm...alright then, I understand... Will this do?" He reached back onto his cape and pulled up a hidden hood, which he slowly placed over his head, hiding his face in shadow for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:38 pm

"For the most part it will do." said Alistair 'We'll need to make it look as though you have wings. It'll be easy, but it may slow you down. Your cape would hide most of our wings easy enough, so the cape you'll keep."
Back to top Go down
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Alistair began picking up various sticks. Most of them where small and then at last he saw two thin and long stick. With the string he had on him from his bag, he bent the sticks back and tied them to stay in place, with the other sticks he made the frame sturdier and at the same time a harness. At last he was done. "All we have to do is tie it on your back and they'll never know.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:52 pm

"Here, I'll do it," Kaerul said, snatching the harness from Alistair and beginning to put it on himself, as he was still cautious of letting this stranger get too close. "If I come to find this thing is enchanted with some kind of dark magic or something, you'll pay dearly..." he said as he finished putting the harness on and hid it beneath his cape. He then turned to Alistair and struck a bit of a pose. "Does it look legit enough for 'your kind'?" he asked sourly, lining his words with a bit of racist intent, as he despised these 'angelic' creatures who had brought despair upon his kingdom with an undying hatred, despite the fact that one of them was trying to help him at the moment...it would take more than empty words and promises to win his trust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:57 pm

"Yes" started Alistair. "A lot of us wear capes, cloaks, robes and what not. It's a fashion simple up there." Alistair didn't agree with it, so he didn't have his attire on. "I'll be wearing mine when we get there." His was a hooded cloak with deep pockets. He liked his for his belongings, The problem was it was a symbol of his status and people treated him oddly. He wished he was just normal.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Kaerul could sense there was something offsetting about this mysterious, winged being. Despite what his people had said about these creatures being stoic and merciless in nature, living only to do their master's bidding and shedding no pity for their victims as a result, Kaerul didn't see very much that was sinister about Alistair. In fact he was a bit of a disappointment, as he had been expecting some big, bad tough guy like many he had met before. But maybe there was more to this being than met the eye...

Regardless, his one and only goal at the moment was to find a way to save his people, and he wished to be on his way to find this alchemist who could create a cure as soon as possible. Perhaps during their journey, he could speak to Alistair and find out the full story behind everything that was going on.

"Okay, I've had my people prepare a few horses for us, but they too have been infected, and so they will likely only last us half the journey. From then on we will have to walk." Saying this, he leaped onto his steed and awaited Alistair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm

"I'll follow you" said Alistair "Horses don't like me, they like my kind, just not me. Besides i can fly faster than on horse. Just let me get some more apples before we leave, flying takes a lot of energy" He glided down the hill a little where he had seen the granny smith tree and git a good handful. He returned moments later. "I'm Ready"
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:20 pm

"Huh, alright then, suit yourself," Kaerul said, sending the other horse back to the stable. He had forgotten that these people were actually capable of flying, seeing as how their wings were hidden most of the time.

"Okay, lead the way!" he shouted, pulling on the reigns of his horse as he began riding off into the sunset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Alistair flew low to the ground so Kaerul could follow. He turned his head back and called. "As you know there up in the top most mountain. The trip will take a good littles bit to get there."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:32 pm

"No problem, whatever it takes to get there," Kaerul called back. Several minutes passed before he began speaking again, out of curiosity. "So Alistair, tell me about yourself... What made you decide to turn against the ways of your masters and fellow brethren like this? Surely there must be drastic consequences for such a deceit..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:40 pm

"I believe all things should live. I was nicknamed the Angel of Death. I never killed but i was called that for my shadow powers and my wings. I carried a scythe as my weapon. I served in their army and was promoted to a Sgt. I hated the post. When i heard what we where to do i began to think of a plan to get out. I couldn't so instead i decided to fight against them." Said Alistair
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:58 pm

"Hmm..." Kaerul thought to himself. He could understand what Alistair was going through, having made mistakes in the past himself and been labeled an outcast as a result. But the past was the past, and all that mattered now was that they did the best they could to change themselves for the better within the present.

Hours passed as they traveled and the sun began to go down, until Kaerul's horse began to tire and heave, and he quickly leaped off of it, watching as it stumbled and collapsed in a heap, dead.

"Dammit...the plague got to it faster than I'd thought it would. It's spreading more and more..."

Just then, there was a loud rustling in the nearby fields and Kaerul quickly turned to it, grasping the hilt of his sword and preparing to unsheathe it in the event they were attacked.

"Careful," he called to Alistair, "these plant-like creatures known as 'The Vines' root themselves up from the ground at night, and attempt to infect or kill everything in sight. I've ran into a few before but easily disposed of them...something tells me they're the source of this plague. And something tells me you know about how they came to be, don't you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:05 pm

"Yes, it was our plant expert. He was a little mad to begin with and had one when the idea was brought up he eagerly brought out the plant. He was eager to kill you humans. I wasn't there at the time but i was informed when i returned." said Alistair. He pulled from his pocket and thick looking rod, he clicked it and it transformed into a scythe. "They're easy to cut down, but they like to take root again if you do it wrong. Cut straight not at an angle."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:16 pm

"Understood," Kaerul replied, removing his sword and twirling it a few times as he began to cut down the nearby plants. Just as he reached the last one, however, a decaying human body suddenly shot up from the soil, entangled in the plants' coils.

Stumbling backwards in shock of the towering creature which now stood before him, he looked it up and down in confusion.
"The Vines...they're re-animating the DEAD," he choked out in disbelief. "Th-they're MUTATING them..."

As he said this several more of the vine-infested corpses shot up from the ground as well, surrounding them. Some of them were dressed in soldiers' clothing. This had obviously been a burial site for the fallen soldiers during a previous war...yet now they lived once more...brought back by this wicked necromancy, or sorcery, or whatever the hell it was...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:23 pm

"Okay this is not good." said Alistair "I don't remember this being part of the plants goal." he swung his scythe like a kid might swing a stick to hit a rock. The corpse was cut in half spilling a foul smelling fluid everywhere. "I wouldn't let that touch you it might have spores or something in it." Alistair wasn't worried about it the virius couldn't infect him.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:39 pm

Kaerul followed en suit as he slashed out at the approaching corpses, but it seemed like the more he cut down, even more began to take their places. This was apparently a HUGE cemetery where The Vines had a seemingly limitless supply of 'human puppets' to take control of. There was no way they could stay here and keep fighting...they would eventually be outnumbered.

Sure enough, even as Kaerul attempted to get out of range, a group of the vine-animated zombies crowded around him, knocking the sword from his grasp and wrapping their vines around his arms and legs. As they pulled him closer, the vines tightening and cutting off his circulation, the sharp thorns penetrating his body and causing him immense pain, he began to struggle with all of his might.

Just then, several glowing strings exploded from his fingertips and cut through the creatures like butter, causing them to release their deathly clutches on him and drop him to the ground.

"W...what is this?" Kaerul whispered, staring at the glowing mystical threads coming out of his hands as he got back to his feet. Nevertheless, they seemed to be rather effective against these monsters, and although estranged, he was forced to continue using them to cut down the rest of the beings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Summoning his own shadow magic Alistair put a dome around the plants and bodies. They couldn't get out but he was allowing Kaerul to do his work. The magic it was taking was sapping his energy quickly. "Just hurry up, Shadow magic takes a lot of energy, and so does other magic. If you aren't careful you'll pass out."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Kaerul was only able to kill a handful more before he realized his efforts were still futile, regardless of his new weapons. And so he used his 'spirit strings' to shoot far out across the other side of the field, pulling himself into safety and beginning to retreat.

"Come on, there's nothing more we can do here!" he shouted to Alistair. "They're just going to keep coming!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   

Back to top Go down

The illness (AstralEyes and I)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next