HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The illness (AstralEyes and I)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Kaerul was only able to kill a handful more before he realized his efforts were still futile, regardless of his new weapons. And so he used his 'spirit strings' to shoot far out across the other side of the field, pulling himself into safety and beginning to retreat.

"Come on, there's nothing more we can do here!" he shouted to Alistair. "They're just going to keep coming!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Alistair took off heading straight up to the sky. As he did so he left a huge mark where he had been. It took him only a second to catch back up with Kaerul. "That's not a good sign. We need to head up the mountain you humans have never buried up there and then we can set up a camp. " He handed Kaerul a few apples and began eating some his own. "We'll need to hunt for meat. Fruit can only do so much, and since you have magic in you too we need it even more. I can give you a little training but not a whole bunch."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://johnnyrmcavey.deviantart.com
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 pm

Kaerul was hesitant to take the fruit from Alistair, as he had spent the last decade or so entirely by himself...and in that time he had learned to hunt and survive all on his own. He didn't like for things to simply be handed to him anymore, as he had left that dependent lifestyle behind him long ago. Still, he didn't want to be rude, and so he took the apples and placed them in his pockets for later. He was kind of hungry, but he would feel guilty if he took a break to eat now, knowing his people were dying, suffering and starving to death at this very moment, and depending solely on him just to survive...

"Don't worry, I'm experienced with mountain life. I've spent the last ten years living in them all on my own. When we reach the right altitude we should come upon a nest of mountain lions...we can kill them and take their meat."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:32 pm

"Sounds good to me" said Alistair. "I can use shadow magic to capture and kill them. I'm just not very good at it. As for any magic user be sure you keep up your strength. Magic takes out a lot of energy." He then began to eat his apples and quickly had eaten three of them.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Taking into consideration what Alistair had told him, Kaerul reluctantly reached into his pocket and ate one of the apples as they began traveling upwards into the rural mountains. When they had walked nearly halfway, Kaerul spotted a group of mountain lions and cautiously approached them.

When close enough he began to slash out at them with his blade, attempting to make the killings as quickly as possible to ensure the animals did not suffer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:48 pm

"Wow. that's impressive" said Alistair. He began to make a fire using the shadows to compress the wood until it lite ablaze. "There we go now we can cook it." The fire was at a good size and would be able to cook the meat quick enough. Alistair still had his scythe out had clicked another button. The long handle had converted into a ring styled handle and the Scythe itself had created teeth. it now look like a saw. He began to cut on some other wood and had soon created two spits for them to use.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:04 am

Kaerul admired the skill Alistair used with his transforming scythe - it was indeed a very interesting and handy weapon, something he and his people had never seen before. He skinned the lions' corpses and removed their meat, placing it on the pits.

He waited until his meat was finished cooking on the pit and then quickly sliced it with his sword and ate some, not even caring that it was still flaming hot, as the ice cold temperatures he had been exposed to for the past several years had made him rather immune to extreme heat. He then took what was left of his meat and wrapped it in the fur he had skinned from the lions, placing the pouch in his belt for later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:08 am

Alistair ate quickly. He had consumed more food than Kaerul and quicker. It was how the military had trained him. He had pulled from his coat a tan bag and unfolded it. He found some of the fur skin and wrapped the meat up. He quickly found the rest of it and also added it to his bag. "You never know when we'll need this."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:13 am

"Of course," Kaerul replied. "Now, you know the way from here on up I'm guessing? I'll let you take the lead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:18 am

"Yes, although well have to go through a cave. The cave will rake us in the fort. The fort acts as a transportation and will actually into the clouds." said Alistair. "But we should probably stop here and rest. I'll take first watch." Alistair wished he had a tent for them to use but he didn't really care, at least they had a fire to keep them warm.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:26 am

"Hmm...right then," Kaerul said, sitting down and beginning to meditate. He never slept anymore - he hadn't since the ten years following his banishment from his kingdom. He had learned to never let his guard down while in places like this, and even more so now that he was in the company of someone else, something he had not experienced in quite some time. And so he kept to himself for the most part, reflecting on the events that had recently taken place, and pondering the ones that may follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:33 am

Alistair stretched his wings and his feet and let himself get warm by the fire. One of his feathers had gotten to close close to the fire and had ignited. He quickly put it out before it cause him harm. It was going to be a long night. He found a tree and flew up to it. Finding the branch he liked he sat in it, and found it to be comfortable. He watched the moon and listened to all the things around him.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:41 am

Kaerul couldn't help but open an eye and snicker at the clumsiness of Alistair, having nearly caught himself on fire. There was something about that guy. But he quickly went back to meditating, trying to rest his body and mind as much as possible before it came time for his watch. This was difficult for him, however, as he persistently had thoughts of his people in much pain...and knew many of them were dying at this very moment. He only hoped the rest could hold on for just a bit longer...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:44 am

Alistair kept on the watch, he never needed a lot of sleep. he pulled his scythe out of his pocket and used the knife setting. He sat there and began carving on a piece of wood to pass the time.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Kaerul slowly opened his eyes as he felt the faintest bit of change in temperature, a sign that it was close to sunrise. He had been on his guard all night, and was sure that Alistair had as well. Surprisingly no more wild animals had attacked them during the night, and he suspected it was likely due to the ever-spreading plague.

He had allowed his body to rest, his mind to wander, but he now quickly snapped himself back into reality and got to his feet, walking over to the tree within which Alistair took comfort.

"You ready?" he called upwards, picking up a few pebbles and throwing them to get his attention and hopefully catch him off guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:54 pm

"Yes" said Alistair as he hoped down from the tree. "Make sure you straighten your wings a little, we'll be there shortly." He stretched his wings and made sure the fire was out.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:03 pm

"Yeah, whatever," Kaerul replied nonchalantly, nudging the bulges poking out from his back to get them back into proper position. He hated having to play 'dress up' and pretend to be something he wasn't, just so that he wouldn't be discriminated against by the foreign populace which they grew ever closer to.

"Think I'll use my magic to propel myself higher until I run out," he said, reaching out both hands as his spirit strings shot high up into the mountains and attached themselves to various perches, springing him upwards like a slingshot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:09 pm

"Just be careful, i'll catch you if things don't go well" said Alistair as he took off, he again left a tear in the Earth. It was the worse thing about having his feet. No one else had these feet only him.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Kaerul was soaring several hundreds of feet upwards each time he launched himself, and for a moment it almost felt like he was flying...he imagined this is what it was probably like for Alistair.

Soon, however, there was a strange scent in the air which caught him off guard, and Kaerul quickly retracted his spirit tentacles, landing on a nearby surface on one knee.

"What...what is that?" he asked, turning to Alistair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Alistair could both see it and smell it. Kaerul who had mortal senses wouldn't see it just yet. "It's a, i can't believe it, i thought them to be a myth. It's a Hydra. What ever you do don't cut it's heads off." he warned.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:22 pm

"A HYDRA?" Kaerul asked, astonished. "I thought they only resided in the deep seas?! What the HELL would one of them be doing this high up in the mountains?" Nevertheless, he had come to trust this being's superior insight, and so he got into a defensive stance, preparing to face whatever came at them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:28 pm

"Those are sea hydras. The are exactly the same except for location." said Alistair. "There are only a few ways we can kill it, Poisoned arrows, Burning it, and suffocating it. We could try smashing it, but i don't see any huge rocks, and not to mention the energy it's take." he stared at the three headed beast thinking. "He could stab it in the head, it should kill it."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:42 pm

Kaerul slowly backed away as he stared up at the towering, tri-headed creature, quickly drawing his sword and clutching it in one hand, while beginning to focus his magical energy in the other hand.

One of the beast's heads suddenly snapped down at him with a set of powerful razor-sharp jaws, and he just barely managed to leap out of the way as it bit and tore through part of his cape.

In retaliation, Kaerul spun around and shot several of his spirit tentacles out at one of the monster's heads, which lodged into its skull and propelled him up towards it. As he flew forward at blazing speed, he drew back his sword and screamed a vicious battle cry as he plunged it into the Hydra's forehead, blood and brain matter beginning to spray forth from the wound.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:44 pm

"Careful, there blood can burn." said Alistair as he remembered the myths. He sent a shadow sheild around kaerul, and then one for himself. He flew into the sir and stabbed the second head.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Kaerul stylishly surfed down the spiraling neck of the Hydra head he'd just penetrated, jumping off and attempting to land on the final one, but the creature saw him coming and flung its head around, slamming into him and knocking him away.

He slid across the icy, slippery surface of the mountaintop and nearly fell off the edge, but he managed to dig his sword into the ground and stop himself, beginning to pull himself back up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Alistair acted fast and wasn't sure is Kaerul had gotten his balance yet. He set out a shadow net just in case. He then moved quickly and stabbed the last head. The Hydra fell to the ground dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   

Back to top Go down

The illness (AstralEyes and I)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next