HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The illness (AstralEyes and I)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Alistair acted fast and wasn't sure is Kaerul had gotten his balance yet. He set out a shadow net just in case. He then moved quickly and stabbed the last head. The Hydra fell to the ground dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://johnnyrmcavey.deviantart.com
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:59 pm

The shadow net was much appreciated, but thankfully unnecessary as Kaerul finally managed to regain his balance. Seeing that Alistair had disposed of the final Hydra head and the beast had collapsed in a bloody heap, Kaerul took a few moments to catch his breath, then walked over to Alistair as he sheathed his sword.

"Anymore 'surprises' I should know about?" he asked sarcastically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:09 pm

"I don't think so." said Alistair. He reached into his bag and pulled out a few vials each of them empty and each looked different. "We could probably use this later." he said and then turned his scythe back into a saw. He then began to cut all of it's teeth out. "We might need these all well"
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:12 pm

"Hmm...very well," Kaerul replied, walking over and cutting out some of the creature's teeth to take for himself. He wasn't sure exactly what Alistair was up to, but he seemed to know what he was talking about so he trusted and followed his lead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Alistair felt like he didn't to explain himself "In ancient Greek Hercules was killed by someone putting the hydra blood on his clothes before he was to get married. It burned right through him and he died. We may find ourselves in a similar situation. As for the teeth i have no idea what they'll be good for, but if nothing else we can use them in trade."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Kaerul nodded.

"So, we're nearly there, I take it?" He didn't say so, but he was becoming more and more anxious as time went by. He wanted to reach this alchemist very soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:56 pm

"Yes we should be there in about 15 minutes. said Alistair as he pointed at a cave.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 pm

As they entered the cave and began to delve deeper and deeper into it, they were nearly completely engulfed by its darkness. Kaerul snapped his fingers as several of his spirit tentacles shot out from his hand and began to guide him through the darkness, lighting up the area so that he could see where he was going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Alistair's eyes where used to this cave and he knew where to go with out the light. "Watch this" he touched a row of fungi and they light up. They sent out a chain reaction and cause an entire row to light. "It light's the path to where we need to go. This cave has a few tunnels that will get you lost if you aren't careful." He looked at the blue-green fungi, and appreciated there nice glow. "Is your disguise all right?"
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:40 pm

"Yeah, it's fine," Kaerul replied, retracting his tentacles as there was no longer any use for them, and allowing Alistair to continue leading the way. These caves were rather suffocating, blocking out any ventilation and making it hard to breathe, and so he was forced to take short, small breaths.

Within several minutes, though, he could tell they were getting closer to the outside once more as it became easier to breathe, and he exhaled deeply in relief.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:45 pm

"I must warn you. Keep a calm attitude, don't talk. They'll know. We can lie and say you are from the other country. Just whisper in my ears if you need to say something." said Alistair. "Also things are sometimes blinding, try not to look at the center of the city."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:22 pm

"Let's just get there and find the alchemist as quickly as possible, otherwise I don't think I'll be able to control myself around your people for very long," he said in a shallow tone. Kaerul knew the plan was to conceal his identity, but deep down, he wanted them all to see him for what he truly was - as the prince of this dying land that they had so mercilessly desecrated. And more than anything else, he wanted to seek vengeance upon the culprits responsible, inflicting the same kind of pain and misery upon them as his people had been forced to endure.

But he said nothing of these devious thoughts to Alistair, as they exited the other side of the cave and came upon a mystical staircase of some sort, leading higher up into the sky beyond the heavy clouds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:32 pm

"Unlike most of you humans who believe in God, we don't. Over there is a temple in which we pay homage to the ancients. Each ancient is unique to us. Some worship the Irish gods, and others Greek. I worship the Nordics for i feel a strong pull to them. We believe that our ancients have created us, so i again must warn you, don't speak of the ancients unless you actually know something about mythology. Our race is very easy to temper. Now right this way" said Alistair as he lead Kaerul down a tunnel away from the center of the city. "Our cities are odd. Its set up in a circle in the center our the temples. In between the center and the edges live our nobles, and king and queens,. In the far most part is farmlands are other poor places. It's also where we keep prisoners. Sometimes the prisoners can work off there crimes if they work, only the farmers can hire them, but the problem is the farmers are too poor to hire other workers." He paused for a moment. "The medical Alchemist won't be hired by anyone he is too frail for such work, and the council wouldn't let him go so easily."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:42 pm

EDIT: Changing my character's name to Caeruleus.

Caeruleus couldn't help but turn and look in awe at the bustling new society that surrounded him, as it was much different and far more advanced than anything he had ever been exposed to, especially when compared to his former life of royalty. In fact, it felt almost...alien. As he continued to admire the strange elegant architecture all around him, passing by the foreigners as they went about their everyday lives, his mind began to wander in thought and he leaned in close to whisper something to Alistair.

"Why do your higher ups wish to exterminate my kind?" he asked quietly. "Surely it isn't a fight for territory, based on this extravagant world of yours... So what other reason is there to destroy the world of those weaker than them?" He suddenly stared down at the ground in shame as they walked. "And why...why am I the only one who is unaffected? What's so special about me that I'm allowed to live...while the rest of them die?"

Last edited by AstralEyes on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:58 pm

"I have a few theories as of why you're not dead. One is that you contain anti-bodies that are able to fight off the virus. Anti-bodies are what keeps you from being sick. Yours are stronger than anyone else's. My second theory is that it was caused from your isolation in the wilderness, it has altered you greatly in a physical aspect as well as possibly affecting you in a different way. My third and final theory is that you're a mage. Even though you didn't always know of your powers you've always had them, and at this i must also add mages live for a long time, and are harder to kill than humans. The magic that runs through a mages body is very powerful. Now for your other question. We do want your land for ourselves. Some off us are tired of living up so high. We are tired of having to hide from the mortals. If we we're to reveal ourselves in front of a mass of people they'd expect us to do them favors, and grant them wishes. Although some of have that power, i for one don't. They feel as though such a task is below them. Our strongest kin are the ones with the whitest wings, they have a slight gold under lay in them. These are the people who ordered the attacks for they're are the ones who are the most angel like. We have other that have duller wings and even a few with black wings such as myself. Your kin don't like us and have associated us with death. So that is why my kin is attacking they want to live on the Earth in peace and not have to worry about being bothered. Although i fear a few may break off and go into other lands to either spread these disease or claim themselves as gods and have people worship them." said Alistair as he lead on. "If you are hungry or thirsty there is a tavern coming up shortly. That is if you trust our food."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:13 pm

"No thanks," Caeruleus replied. "I still have some of the fruit and meat left over from before." With that said he took an apple and chunk of mountain lion meat out of his pocket and began to snack on them. "So what is to become of you and I once we return my people to good health with this cure? Surely your superiors will be angry and attempt to wipe out my kind again and again...not to mention what they'll do to you if they ever discover your part in all of this... In the end, we'll have to face them and end this once and for all. I believe there can be peace between our kind... I myself will see to it that my people do not harass yours any longer... But I fear that kind of peace cannot exist under oppression from overbearing tyrants such as your superiors, who have come to rely solely on genocide..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:35 pm

"I can't envision my self as a kind or any leader" said Alistair "In fact i didn't want what was giving to me to begin with. I was handed my position through my age alone. The alchemist they captured he could cure anything. It's said he once brought a man back to life. It wasn't a zombie, he was truly alive. The man was in much pain and despair however, it seems that paradise does exist, and he had gone to it. It pained him to be back in the world. So the alchemist could cure the disease easy enough. As for farther genocides, i have no answer, the best we can do is make a truce and hope it holds. As for me i'll flee for a few hundred years if things go badly, i can always return later. But i really don't want to leave in case this happens again, so i suppose i'll have to keep an eye on everything."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:52 pm

"Sounds like a plan," said Caeruleus, realigning his hood so that it covered his face more, as he was beginning to get suspicious looks from the other inhabitants of this place. Within a few minutes, he had finished eating and disposed of the remains, now following closely behind Alistair. "Okay, I'll leave it to you to take us to the prisons, wherever they are..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:36 pm

"The prison is about a half days travel on foot. If you could fly it'd be quicker." said Alistair, he then added "It's no uncommon for us to walk so you'll be fine." They kept walking and had soon reached the King's circle. The white and gold winged people where everywhere. "The king likes the streets to be pretty." he pointed at the road's which where white with gold in lays as well. "Every street here has a some precious metal in it. My favorite in the Emerald street. The roads are green, not real emeralds, and are inlaid with silver. It reminds of my home."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:49 pm

At the mention of home, Caeruleus was overcome by a short series of flashbacks of his past life, from before he was exiled. Things were easy back then - everyone loved him, food and shelter came easy, and there was no war or famine or plague. But he had to go and screw it all up because he wasn't content with what he had, always wanting more and more...

He remained silent during most of their walk as he pondered on this, feelings of guilt and shame and anger flowing aimlessly within his mind like the waves of the ocean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Just then the french horns went off. The king was leaving the castle. "Damn!" swore Alistair "We need to duck into a tavern for a minute. The king's vassals are on duty now to protect him, and they have a keen eye. The king is unlikely to come this way, but still." Alistair knew that if he was spotted they'd send him off to do some work. He was under there radar at the moment for they didn't need his sector.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Caeruleus nodded as he hurriedly followed Alistair into a nearby tavern located across the street. As they entered, he made sure to keep his hooded head lowered to ensure a low profile. Taking a seat next to Alistair at one of the tables, he carefully studied the other creatures as they ate, drank, and talked amongst each other. Remaining calm, he patiently awaited any instructions or signals Alistair might give him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:19 pm

"I'm going to order some drinks for us, what do you prefer?" said Alistair it was best if they blended in.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:21 pm

"Uhh...whatever you're having," Caeruleus replied, not being very familiar with the types of beverages that were served here...or what was in them. He trusted Alistair to make a good choice for the both of them though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Alistair got up and went over to the bar. "I need two vortex's" said Alistair to the rough looking man with tattered wings. The man got out two glasses and poured a drank liquid in it, he then added a bright green into. The green liquid sat in the dark liquid swirling around. He grabbed a pack of cards and paid for the drinks and the cards. He returned to the table and sat down. "We might as well pass the time, the drink has a pleasant sour taste to it." He took a drink and began to shuffle the cards.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Caeruleus gratefully took his drink, for he was rather parched, considering it was much hotter high up here in the sky where they were closer to the sun. He took a long gulp of his drink and found it to be quite rejuvenating. He then glanced at the deck of cards Alistair was shuffling.

"I'm honestly not in the mood to play at a time like this, especially with the fate of my world at stake. But if we must...what game did you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   

Back to top Go down

The illness (AstralEyes and I)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next