HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The illness (AstralEyes and I)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Caeruleus gratefully took his drink, for he was rather parched, considering it was much hotter high up here in the sky where they were closer to the sun. He took a long gulp of his drink and found it to be quite rejuvenating. He then glanced at the deck of cards Alistair was shuffling.

"I'm honestly not in the mood to play at a time like this, especially with the fate of my world at stake. But if we must...what game did you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:37 pm

"I was hoping you had something i mind." said Alistair, he knew how to play every card game, he wasn't the best player but he still enjoyed the game a great deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://johnnyrmcavey.deviantart.com
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:47 pm

"How about Castles & Stones?" asked Caeruleus. It was a human game, so he was somewhat cautious about playing it here, where it could be easily identified as such and possibly raise the suspicions of those who decided to watch. "The basic idea is to separate the deck and trade three cards each turn, then play them against each other. Best 2 out of 3 wins that round."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 pm

"Okay sounds interesting. I take it you learned this during you observations." said Alistair thinking quickly on his feet.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Caeruleus took three cards from his deck and traded them to Alistair, then took a few moments to study the cards he had received and decide which ones he wanted to play. He finally decided and laid down a jackal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Alistair did his best and placed down the Ace, a ten and a the 3 that was handed to him. He wasn't sure if this was a good move or not but he tried it anyway. This was one of the card games he hadn't played too often.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Scratching his chin, Caeruleus laid down his other two cards - a King Cobra and a 7. "Looks lke I won this round," he said, taking the cards and placing them in his pile, then preparing to play three more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:08 pm

"Damn." said Alistair this time went first. He saw a few cards he liked and then traded off a two 2's and a three. He hoped to best Caeruleus this time.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:12 pm

As Caeruleus laid down his cards, he was surprised to find that they were the same. "Huh, looks like we tied. In that case we place our cards back in our decks and shuffle."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:20 pm

"Okay you're on." Alistair shuffled his deck quickly. He drew his cards and quickly handed Caeruleus a 2 a 4, and an 8. Left in his hand was 2 aces and a jack.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Caeruleus put down his cards and sighed as he took another sip of his drink. "Looks like this one's yours," he said, handing over the cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:34 pm

"Ha ha, finally" said Alistair. He then noticed that a man was staring at Caeruleus. As he followed his eyes he saw that the rip that was in his cape was revealing to sticks.

"Impostor!" shouted the man. "A human scum has entered our streets without a master."

"Shit." Alistair threw his cards up blinding the man for a second. The other men began standing up many of them with knives and swords out and even a man with a club.

"Let's get the traitor and his mutt" said another man.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:50 pm

"Payback time," Caeruleus whispered, closing his eyes and smiling as he slowly stood up, for he had been waiting for an excuse to finally slaughter some of these creatures and get his revenge. Turning to face the winged men, he grinned daringly. "Go ahead and come at me with everything you've got, all of you. I'll slice those wings right off you filthy fowl...then we'll see how well you bastards fly."

Enraged by his taunt, one of the men lunged forward and struck out at Caeruleus with his blade, but Caeruleus had far more experience in his swordsmanship, due to years of painstaking practice. He easily dodged the attack and then spun around behind the man, slashing down at his wings and dismembering them just as he had said he would, as the man's convulsing body collapsed to the ground screaming, blood spraying from what was left of the mutilated wings protruding from his back.

Caeruleus then turned to the rest of them who had crowded around him.

"That's right, I am a human... You disgusting creatures think you're better than my kind? More genetically superior? Come!" He beckoned, twirling his sword in one hand while beginning to charge sparking blue magical energy in the other. "Come and let us test that theory!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:03 pm

Alistair drew his scythe and was at the ready. "Don't attack my prisoner, he's a gift for the king, i was trying to distract you so you wouldn't find out before our great king." said Alistair, hoping they'd buy the lie.

"Yeah right if he was your prisoner you wouldn't have bought him a drink, nor would you even be here." said one of the men.

"Damn the ruse is up." Alistair jumped up and did a flip. With his raven's feet he grabbed a man by the throat and pushed him to the ground. He moved his foot to the man's chest and placed his blade on the man's throat. " I warn you, if you get in out way i'll personally cut you to pieces. The human revolt is now, and i shall have vengeance for the soul's you people have brought. They may not be as strong as us, but they're a hell of a lot kinder."
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Several of the winged men began to charge towards Caeruleus at once. He expelled his spirit tentacles from his fingertips, which penetrated through the chests of the men and lifted them up, beginning to slam them into the floor and ceiling and tossing them around like ragdolls.

Now that they were severely weakened, Caeruleus began to walk over the bodies of the ones who were still alive and attempting to get back up. He stabbed them through their backs and slit their throats to make sure they were dead.

When he was finished, breathing heavily and now covered in blood, Caeruleus cut off his fake wing harness and threw it to Alistair's feet in anger.

"This obviously isn't going to work anymore. I grow weary of disguising myself like some kind of criminal...playing hide and seek with these people while my world rots from within. Take me to the alchemist. Now." He then began to turn around, holding out his hands towards the dead bodies all around him. "And let anymore who decide to get in my way face the same fates as these men."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:51 pm

"Fair enough. Alistair let the man at his feet go. "Tell the Vassals to stay out of my way, they know of my powers, they know they i'll win." He turned to Caeruleus. "It's better to let one man spread fear among the people to keep them out of our way than to have us be investigated. Now if you don't mind we need to run from here and fast, so we can fin the Alchemist (That's his name now)." he burst through the door and began to take the empty street, most of which where alley ways.
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Caeruleus quickly followed after him. He began using his tentacles to launch himself forward several feet in order to keep up, running across the walls of the alleyways as he did so and flipping over obstacles that were in his way.

"I have an idea to perhaps get us to our location faster," he eventually called to Alistair. "Basically, I'll attach my spirit tentacles to your back and have you back away a fair distance, then launch you forward at a blazing speed like that of a slingshot mechanism, with me holding onto you as you use your wings to guide us to our destination."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:45 pm

"That would work" said Alistair. "We must be careful though, as you well know they'll be watching for odd sites."

(Make sure you do a welcoming post on megagalomp i'm back there.)
Back to top Go down
AstralEyes

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:13 pm

"You're skilled in shadow magic though, right?" Caeruleus asked. "Can't you just cloak us with invisibility so that we remain unseen?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny R. McAvery

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:59 am

o posted on Megaglomp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The illness (AstralEyes and I)   

Back to top Go down

The illness (AstralEyes and I)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4