Share | 

No One Can Know (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:55 pm

1965, United States, Wisconsin, Waterford.

For years there had been rumours of a 'Mutant' population growing. Riots were becoming more and more frequent in the bigger cities, and tensions were running high. In the small town of Waterford, two teenagers discovered that they too belonged to the mutant population. They knew however, that if they were discovered, they would be lynched. Only two weeks before school had started, another boy had met such a fate. Nobody knew who else might be a mutant, and if there were any others aside from the two, they kept quiet about it.

Name: Nikolai Brooks
Appearance:

Mutation: Control of light and darkness
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:08 am

Name: Sophia Leanne Lockwood
Appearance:
Mutation: Able to manipulate molecules in most things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Nikolai sat, legs hanging down from the tree he was in, about a block away from the school. It was peaceful here. Only a few people knew of his hiding place, and most of them were in class at the moment. He however, was skipping class. he didn't really have much to worry about in regards to his grades anyway, he wasn't at risk of failing by any means. Besides, all the classes he had left for that day were just science and gym, neither of which he was too terribly enthusiastic about.

Last edited by Requiem on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Sophia watched Nik jump down from the tree as she walked up to him.

"Didn't see you in the halls, figured you would be here," she spoke as she neared him. "What are you planning?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:47 pm

"Nothing really, just didn't feel like being there today." Nikolai replied, turning and facing her. "We go there, they feed us their close-minded garbage, and we're just supposed to take it. What's the point?" He grumbled before stopping. "Sorry, I know you've heard me say it a thousand times before, it's just... It bothers me, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 pm

"I know," Sophia replied, nodding in agreement before she climbed the tree to join him. "Let's go to the river."

The river is where they hung out together when things were looking the bleakest. Sophia never knew why, but they both just loved being along the river. Perhaps it made them feel free, watching the river flowing. It eventually connected to about three other rivers and then the Pacific Ocean. Somewhere Sophia hoped to see one day. Doubtfully.

She hopped out of the tree a second later and began walking, not bothering to wait for his response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Sighing and shaking his head, Nikolai dropped down from the tree after her. "You know, you're kind of a brat. You could at least wait for an answer" He told her with a smile. "Sheesh."

It took them about fifteen minutes to get there, chattering back and forth as they walked. "Excuuuuuuse me Princess, but I happen to like it!" He responded to a remark she had made. "Hey, we're here, finally"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:52 pm

She immediately took off her shoes and socks and ran toward the shore. Once there, she plopped down on her bum and stuck her feet into the cool water. She let out a light sigh, all worries fading quickly from her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Nikolai shook his head at her enthusiasm before slowly pulling off his boots and socks, as well as his shirt and he simply walked into the water, kicking some towards her playfully before dropping into the deeper water and letting the current drag him a little ways before he grabbed the tree limb that had been wedged there. It was a nice spot to relax.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Ducking under the water, Sophia glanced up and saw Nikolai hanging against the branch. Squinting her eyes slightly, she concentrated. The limb started to smoke after a few seconds. Sophia stopped and swam up, grinning once she reached the surface.

"Looks like things are getting hot."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 am

"Hardy Har Har." Nikolai grumbled. "Smartass."

He was semi-accustomed to how she used her powers, but sometimes she was still a pain about them. All he could do was manipulate light. Of course, that meant that he could bend it to a physical level even, but still, it wasn't nearly as useful as hers.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:02 am

She grabbed onto the limb and settled in beside him, leaning her head against his shoulder. "Let's grab some coffee and tea." She suggested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Nikolai perked his head up out of the water, "Tea sounds good."

They had just gotten there, but the water had done it's job, brought them to a relaxed state. He dove under the water, poking her side quickly as he swam back to the shore hidden under the water and his shadows.

When he reached the shore he waved at her "Coming?"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:42 am

Sophia pulled herself out of the water, dripping wet.

A few minutes later, they were walking into Cafe no Triste or "Non Miserable Cafe". They were regulars. Since they didn't wear their school uniform, the staff didn't ask questions about school. They also didn't mind Sophia coming in sopping wet considering Sophia and Nik always bought quite a bit and left great tips.

She sat down at their usual table as Lisa, the barista, brought them both towels. "Have a good swim today? You know you should be careful in the waters around here." She had a motherly tinge to her voice as she smiled and poured some warm tea for Nik and hot coffee with creme for Sophia.

"Thanks, we know," Sophia replied kindly before Lisa walked off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Nikolai took a sip of his tea, "So... After this, what do you want to do? We could go see a movie, or... I dunno, something."
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:42 pm

After deciding on a movie, they lulled around the next couple weeks. It had been fairly routine and normal. Skipped a couple other classes, hung out at the lake, headed to the cafe. Sophia did her babysitting job on the weekends.

Then Wednesday afternoon during the lunch period, Sophia headed to her reading area on the side of the school. She loved it here because it was a large grassy knoll and provided just enough light to see the words in the book, but not too bright to be blinding either.

Usually Nikolai met her a few minutes later since her class always let out just a few minutes early, thanks to an understanding teacher. All ready sitting down reading, she heard footsteps and didn't bother to glance up thinking it would be Nikolai.

Instead, she was suddenly hoisted by her arm to her feet, now facing Donny. He was one of the rudest jokes and a definite womanizer. Sophia and he had butted heads a few times before, but nothing major.

"Hey, Sophie," he said, face pressed right up against her cheek.

"It's Sophia," she retorted, causing him to push her hard against the brick wall to the school.

"Don't speak unless I say so."

"Yeah, okay. I'm going to do that." He pushed his body closer to hers.

"Get off of me." Sophia tried to push him away, but this caused him to start groping her. Feeling extremely violated, she glared at his hair which soon started to smoke. Unfortunately, this backfired.

He just angry that his head was hurting. So he groped her more, both her hands now in his against the wall. Apparently trying to push him away was a bad idea. Still struggling, he let one hand go and smacked her cheek hard.

"Shut up and let me enjoy this." Her cheek burned and her head felt woozy. Her eyes wouldn't focus anymore. She was powerless. Helpless.

For the first time ever, fear struck her. Was this really going to happen right here? At school? Yeah, it was.

Nikolai, Sophia was screaming in her head. No way would she let this jerk be satisfied. His hands were groping under her shirt and soon her pants. It was unlikely anyone else would be over here. Nobody cared to be on this side of the school. They much preferred being near the track or football stadium, or elsewhere in the school.

Nikolai, Sophia screamed again in her head. Please, please, please, she begged.

Both hands were in his left now while his right hand fondled his junk. Was she really going to lose her virginity to this idiot? Please no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Nikolai was running late as usual, but when he arrived at their normal spot, he found a situation he never expected to find. In a rush of adrenaline, he wrapped his arm in darkness, creating a black armor covered in spikes. With a strong yank, he pulled Donny off of his friend. "What the hell do you think you're doing, you worthless sack of shit?" He growled, the shadows crawling across his body, covering him in darkness. From his hand, a long narrow shadow grew. "I should kill you right now and save the world from another waste. I doubt anyone would even miss you." He continued as he walked forward towards him.

Donny frantically attempted to crawl away, "You're... You're one of them! You're a freak!" He cried out in his fear. "S-stay back!"

"Or what? You'll try to take advantage of my friend like you just tried her?" He spat, now almost completely obscured by the shadows covering his body. "No, I don't think so, you can't do anything, can you? Nobody can hear you scream Donny. You've made a mistake, and now you're going to have to pay for it." His voice had lost the anger in it, and was replaced with a cold venom.

Donny continued to scramble away, but he didn't move fast enough. Nikolai was there, standing over him. "Look! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't kill me!" He cried, tears streaming down his face.

Nikolai just glared, kicking him in the ribs with enough force that there was a clearly audible crack. "You're sorry? No, you're not sorry Donny. Not yet. But when I'm done with you... You will be." He said with another kick. "Of course, it probably would be easier just to kill you." He said raising the black blade, prepared to kill the screaming teenager.

Last edited by Requiem on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:38 pm

When Nikolai appeared, Sophia felt a great relief. However, she only knew he was there because of his voice. Her vision was still too blurred to see anything other than shapes.

She heard Nikolai threatening Donny, and then saw a figure with blackness over top a flailing body. Deciding her friend was the only one who could do that, she launched herself onto his arm and tried to pull it back to stop him.

"Nikolai, don't," she begged. "He isn't worth it. We'll lose everything. Don't."

Her head throbbed and ached, her heart still raced, and she finally had enough. Launching herself in between the two, she told Donny to go.

Like the idiot he was, he pinched her bum before starting to get up. She flung around, slammed her heel into his throat, and glared.

"Don't you ever try this again. Don't you even think about telling anyone about Nikolai. And if I ever see you near a girl who doesn't want you around...I will let him rip you to shreds." Struggling to breathe, he nodded and ran away as soon as she lifted her foot.

Once he had rounded the corner and left, she turned to Nikolai. She just hoped he wouldn't chase the kid down and murder him in front of everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Slowly, after Donny had fled, with Sophia clinging to his arm, the shadows faded away and he turned to face her, eyes filled with concern "Are you alright?" He asked as the last shred of darkness on him broke off and disappeared. His adrenaline was still high, but having Sophia near him helped keep him calm.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Seeing the Nikolai she was used to, Sophia stared for a second before falling to her knees sobbing. Something she had never done before. In front of anyone or alone.

She moved slightly and pulled her pants back up around her hips and zipped the jeans, still sobbing.

"My head, Nikolai," she said as she cradled it, finally able to express how much it hurt. "I can't see." Sophia gasped for breath as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Carefully, Nikolai picked her up, "I've got you" He told her, carrying her around to the parking lot and setting her into the passenger seat of his car. "It's going to be ok, ok?" He told her, trying to sound reassuring. He had to get her to the hospital, which in itself was a frightening thing to do. He didn't need the hospital finding out about their mutations. There was thankfully, no outward signs of mutation on either of them, so there hopefully wouldn't be any problems.

Within minutes, they were out on the highway, headed towards the hospital. When they arrived, he carried her inside to the emergency room. "Hey, we need some help here"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 am

Once they reached the hospital, a nurse came over to evaluate her. They decided to get her in right away considering she couldn't keep her eyes open and her headache was pretty bad.

The doctor suspected a concussion, but ordered an MRI which revealed as such. He told her he wanted to keep her for further evaluation, but she declined. After filling a prescription, the doctor released her. Leaving the curtained room, she headed toward the waiting room. Her vision was still pretty blurred, but the initial pain was gone. The doctor had said it could take a few hours to a couple weeks for her vision to be completely normal again, but he did not believe there was any permanent damage.

She found Nikolai in the waiting room and tapped his shoulder, attempting a smile for when he turned around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Nikolai had been sitting in the waiting room, trying to keep himself occupied so that he wouldn't be making himself more paranoid than he already was. To make up for this, he read through about three magazines, did two crosswords, and sketched her face out on a blank piece of paper and a pen he had borrowed from the front desk. It was a good sketch he thought.

Feeling a tap on his shoulder, Nikolai turned around, finding his smiling friend standing there behind him. In a rush he reached down and picked her up in a great big hug. "I was worried about you" He told her quietly, ignoring the looks people were giving them.

Setting her down he stopped for a moment. "Oh, I made you something by the way." He told her, producing the sketch from the table behind him.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:02 pm

"Thanks," Sophia replied, taking the sketch. She squinted her eyes in an attempt to make it out. "I think it looks good?" Then she explained her sight was blurred, but should return as soon as later in the day, or as long as a couple weeks.

The doctor had prescribed her a strong ibuprofen for the imminent headaches, which she had all ready filled at the hospital's pharmacy.

"Shall we go?" She asked as she leaned against him, glad he was there. She wanted nothing more than a good cup of coffee at their cafe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 pm

"Yeah, let's go" He said, smiling, taking her hand to guide her out. He wasn't sure how bad her sight was, but he didn't need her injuring herself. He squeezed her hand lightly as they walked out to his car. "So, where to?" He asked, opening the passenger side door for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   

Back to top Go down

No One Can Know (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next