Share | 

No One Can Know (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 pm

"Yeah, let's go" He said, smiling, taking her hand to guide her out. He wasn't sure how bad her sight was, but he didn't need her injuring herself. He squeezed her hand lightly as they walked out to his car. "So, where to?" He asked, opening the passenger side door for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:23 am

"Cafe, of course', she grinned at her best friend. "Don't worry, I can make out blurs, so I'll still be able to tell if you switch my coffee with tea before drinking it!" Sophia made a joke references Nikolai always encouraging her to get tea instead of her sugar filled coffee. As they got into his car, she laid her head back and popped 3 prescription strength ibuprofen, then rest her head against the passenger seat window.

"Can you -- Can you try to control your anger a bit more?" She muttered quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:17 pm

"What was I supposed to do? The world would've been a better place without him in it, you know that as well as I do." Nikolai replied, tightening his grip on the steering wheel as he thought back. "He was going to rape you. You should have let me kill him." He said with a resigned sigh. She was right that he needed more control. He shouldn't have exposed himself, but he'd have gladly killed the boy. It wasn't in his nature to abide people like Donny. "I'm sorry, alright?" He asked after a moment, quietly.

The Cafe wasn't far away, but Nikolai was still running through scenarios of what could've happened, and would could happen now that he'd been exposed. He could only hope that the dirtbag would keep his mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 pm

The word sent chills through her body. Rape. If Nikolai had found himself with detention, or asked to stay a few minutes after class...No. No, she couldn't do it. Sophia had to think about the present. Not what could have happened. Right now, they both needed to worry about now, and what would happen.

If it came down to it, would Sophia run with Nik? Could she? Her family was far from perfect, but she still loved them. What would happen? They would figure this out at the cafe. But if she couldn't? How on earth could she tell Nikolai? Her best friend. Her protector. Her teacher.

They arrived at the cafe. Sophia apparently lost in her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 pm

After he'd parked, the two went inside and found their normal corner booth, away from everyone else. They ordered their normal food and the waitress headed off into the kitchen to drop off the order. After she was gone, Nikolai turned to face her. "So, what're we going to do now?" He asked, looking her dead in the eyes, speaking quietly so as not to be overheard. He was fairly certain she knew what he meant, but with the head issues, he decided to clarify "Regarding Donny I mean. What if he talks? They strung up the last of us they found."
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Taking in the other customers in the shop, Sophia sighed heavily and compiled herself before replying. "I don't know, Nik. This could change everything we've ever known." She thought for a moment before she continued, "Though, I could always threaten to expose that he wanted sex with a mutant. See if that will keep him shut." It was a far chance, but she was at a loss. She knew the big decision would need to be made. If she would go with him or not.

However, she wasn't prepared to decide yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:14 pm

"I don't think that'd help things. Besides, he doesn't know you're like me. I'll wait around, see how things go. If they turn south though, I'll have to leave. Our kind are a bit more accepted out east from what I've heard, might have to head that way." He told her, changing the topic between them for a moment as the waitress brought out their food. As soon as she was gone again he went back. "You don't have to come with me. They don't know what you are yet, you'd be safe, so long as you can keep creeps like Donny off of you anyway."
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:13 pm

"I-" Sophia was unsure how to reply. "We will see." Relieved she didn't have to come up with the answer right away, she decided to indulge in her food. Forgoing the silverware, she just picked the cheese fries up in a handful and began shoveling them into her mouth. She hadn't realized how hungry she had been since the hospital.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:44 am

"Woah now, easy there Soph, don't choke now" He said, surprised at her voracity. It was good to see her relax though, helped set his own mind at ease. At the very least, if he had to leave, he'd make sure she was safe first.

Despite his friend's appetite relaxing him however, he still had that nagging fear in the back of his mind. He knew he should have just killed Donny. It would have made things so much easier. Just throw a tangible shroud over the body back in the woods. Nobody would notice it. It was too late now though. He had to hope that fear would keep him silent.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Sophia smiled through a mouthful at Nik, but didn't bother to slow or stop. When her double slice of pecan pie arrived, she immediately indulged in it with her fork. Food was her everything. Besides family and Nik, of course. Nothing came between her and her food.

In under a minute, she was done. Taking a breath, she grinned and asked, "Want to come over? Daniel and Trent are gone today." Both her older brothers were out. One on a date and the other was deeply into sports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:39 pm

"Eh, don't see why not, I'm kind of loathe to leave you on your own anyway. How's your head feeling by the way?" He asked, digging out his wallet to pay for the meal. The truth of the matter was that he wanted to spend as much time with her as he could before he had to leave, if he had to leave. And he was still worried about her of course.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Glad for his honesty and worry, Sophia shrugged. "I've got a massive headache, but my vision has cleared up more since just eating." She grabbed half a dozen napkins to wipe the melted cheese off her fingers as the waitress came by to drop off their tab. She whizzed by just a few minutes later to pick the tab up again. She returned with the receipt and bid farewell to her regulars.

Sophia stood, stretching as she did. Then she looped her arm through Nik's. "Let's go make brownies. Then tease my brothers." She grinned her silly grin. The one everyone told her looked scary because she showed both rows of teeth. It was the one she loved to use when she was teasing or just being herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:57 pm

"All right, all right, just don't make me eat any of them." He told her playfully, poking her with his elbow lightly. He'd always hated chocolate, and she was always trying to coax him into eating hers. It always made them laugh as they played around in the kitchen, but at the same time, they always ended up making a serious mess.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Once to her house, she glided into the door and stopped. Daniel stood in the doorway, toes tapping angrily on the laminate floor. His arms were crossed. If anyone else but Nik had been here, they may have thought he was her father.

"Uh," was all she managed to mutter before he yelled. "Dr. Polowski called to let mom know you were at the ER! The ER! For God's sake, Sophia. What happened?"

Someone cleared their throat. Trent. He had been standing coolly against the hallway wall. "Daniel, shut up. Mom's not home. Let's all have a yell when she gets back." His voice was cold, shallow. He was different. Not different like Sophia, but different as in the black sheep or ugly duckling of the family. Whereas Daniel was the star of the family and Sophia the sweet, innocent, baby - Trent was the weird one. He had been that way since- Since their father left them.

Rolling her eyes, Sophia grabbed Nik's arm and hauled him past her idiot brothers and into the kitchen. Her headache was back so she grabbed some ibuprofen and tossed it down her throat with a glass of water. "Okay, brownies."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 pm

"Brownies indeed. I think you might have some sleeping pills somewhere around the house if you wanted to put them out for a couple of hours" He told her with a bit of a smile, leaning against a wall, watching her. It was of course, tempting, but he knew she'd never go for it, as much fun as it would be.

As she moved past him, heading towards the cupboards, Nikolai made his way to the refrigerator for the ingredients that they'd need from within.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:53 am

Smirking at the sleeping pill proposition, she opened the cupboard and began pulling out the ingredients. Her grandmother had taught her and Req how to make brownies from scratch. Not the sugar-filled ones that kids liked these days. These were the ones that melted in your mouth, gooey and chewy. Of course, Req hated them. Who didn't like chocolate?

Trent squeezed into the kitchen and quickly slid an arm into the open refrigerator, held by Requiem. He grabbed a beer then walked to Sophia. "I won't ask what happened, but are you all right?" His hand touched her cheek so he could get a good look at her.

Sophia sighed and nodded. Trent was definitely a weird one. Despite growing up with him, she could see it, too. Some would think he was being inappropriate, but Sophia knew better. He was just extremely concerned when it came to his family. After their father left, Daniel had runaway. They knew he was staying at a friend's house, but he wouldn't speak to any of them.

Sophia had been so young then. Their mother was severely depressed. So Trent had started to care for her. Helping her with homework. Walking her to and from school. He made her lunches, helped draw her baths, and even said when it was okay for her to go to a friend's house. That was the year he changed. He and Sophia were close. Almost as close, if not closer, than she and Requiem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:57 pm

"Trent." Nikolai nodded as the man entered the room. After she'd answered her brother, Nikolai returned to rummaging around in the refrigerator for the ingredients necessary for making brownies. He'd never really spoken with Trent, and generally avoided him when possible. Of course, he avoided most people when possible. All things aside though, Trent sort of creeped him out, which was something of a feat really.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Trent acknowledged Nikolai before walking out of the kitchen, presumably to head to his room. Sophia turned to Req and scrunched her nose up, "Why do I have such an odd family?" She grinned and began to pour the ingredients into a bowl.

"I mean, really."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:09 pm

"Well, you know, it's more likely that if everyone around you is suffering from oddness, I'd say you're likely the cause" He told her smiling some and poking her in the side before reaching into the cupboard for a glass

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:08 pm

"Hey, that's not fair," Sophia jabbed him back in the side. "It's not Trent's fault, you know. It's Daniel's." She began to stir faster. "Anyway, let's get these in the oven."

Between her brothers, what had almost happened earlier, and what still might happen, Sophia was exhausted and just wanted to do nothing more than sit down with Nikolai on the couch. She threw the mix in the oven and headed to the living room where they turned on the tv. They watched a movie and then flipped through the channels a bit before she landed on a news channel, her mouth falling open.

Donny stood there on the television, talking about 'monsters' in the city that attacked him. Granted, he looked fairly intact besides some bruising, the tv reporter was encouraging him. It was a small city, after all, and there weren't too many stories.

Horrified, Sophia turned to stare at Nikolai.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:10 pm

"Well... Shit." Was the only thing Nikolai could bring himself to say. He stood up and turned to face her "Looks like I've got to go Dearie." He said, forcing himself to smile. "It's been fun, hasn't it? I'll be down at the river until sunrise, if you want to come with me, you're welcome, if not, I understand." He told her, quickly making his way out of her home. He didn't wait up. He had things to do. First he had to find Donny. He was a man of his word after all. Donny had to die. If she stayed, he couldn't afford to risk him going after her again.

Quickly his entire form changed, blackening and becoming the bestial nightmare that he'd become before. Nobody would recognise him as he was. He expected that Donny would be hiding out after he'd finished his interview, and Requiem was going to have to deal with him quickly to avoid this.

PostSubject: Re: No One Can Know (Open)   

Back to top Go down

No One Can Know (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forgotten Realm :: The Mirror Realm :: Another Love-
Jump to: