HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Name: Sophia Whitacre

The hall was dimly lit as Sophia slithered along the corridor. Voices echoed through a door from the end of the hall, but she continued moving forward. She knew she had to find out what they were planning. Standing at the edge of the doorway, she listened. And what she heard had her gasping - both with surprise and disgust. Their heads whipped around to face her, but she was already racing down the hall. There was a strange sound by her head and sparks flew in front of her. She didn't need to see what it was to know. Bullets.

The door on her right was locked. So she continued to run. Another door. Locked. Another. Locked. More sparks and bangs near her head. Yelling from the men chasing her. She had to find a way out. As she reached the door to the stairwell, she found they, too, were locked. They must have commenced a lockdown of the entire building. She would never make it out.

Suddenly, a door to her left swung open as a lanky man in a white coat walked out. Immediately, she bombed past the man and into the room. A man in the hallway screamed to not let her in. Too late. Slamming the door shut, she leaned against it as it locked. Breathing heavily, she looked around the bare room. The only thing she saw made no sense. All along the far wall were podiums with...watches? She was fairly certain that's what they were called. Her great grandfather had bought an old antique once and he called it a watch. Humans had once needed the bulky things to tell the time. Such a strange concept to her. But, why would they look so new and so many of them in a room. Alone. She walked toward one of the podiums and grabbed one. This one was light green with a silver head and the time in the center. Wait, what a strange clock. It had five number slots instead of four. How peculiar. And the a.m./p.m. slots had strange letters instead.

She put the watch on, just wanting to see how it would feel on her wrist. Intrigued by the mysterious watches, she nearly forgot about the men out to kill her.

Turning the dial, the watch stopped at 05210. Just as she pushed the button in, there was a strange luminescent blue light surrounding her.
POOF

Dizziness swept over her and so she closed her eyes. There was a strange coldness in the air, and a slight breeze. Opening her eyes, she nearly screamed. Right in front of her was an old RBot4. These were primitive technology bots designed as safeguards for important people and companies. They were designed to fire on site. And that it did.

She turned and ran the other direction, which happened to be into a street full of flying vehicles. Another antique thing she had never actually seen before. Flying vehicles hadn't been around for a few thousand years. She jumped back, the RBot4 no longer chasing her. She must have ran out of its perimeters.

Looking down at the strange watch, she shouted, "What the hell are you!"
There was a loud beep. And then came a reply, Welcome. I am the first time machine. You may call me Sassy.
"You're a time machine?"
That is what I said.
"Okay, Sassy. Then how do I get back to my time?"
Turn the dial.

Sophia turned the dial to her time and pushed the button in.
BRRRR ERROR ERROR CANNOT OBEY
"What do you mean you cannot obey?!"
That year does not exist.
"What are you going on about, stupid machine? Of course it exists. That's where we just came from!"
That year does not exist.
"Uuuugh! Fine, just take me home!"

A flying food cart traveled by. "Hot Lintles from Salamanca, Spain! $17.88."

Affirmative. Traveling to Salamanca, Spain 1788.
"What!? No--"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:47 am

(See? It's only been a month on Today! Razz)

Name: Damian Basilio Regulo

Salamanca, Spain 1788
Dimensional Pattern 14-23-08

"After the last great war, the city of Salamanca was left in ruins to sit for over a century. Then, Five years ago, my father and I came to these old ruins, intent on rebuilding the place. Today, we have succeeded! The city of Salamanca is alive once again! Where once we relied on brute force to get things done, now though, we have science! The first Steam City is completed! Hot and Cold water can be aquired with the simple turn of a handle! Vehicles, Houses, Buildings of every sort all powered by Steam! This is the beginning of a new Era ladies and Gentlemen! The Steam Era!" Damian paused before scratching the last three words off and rewriting them "The Era of Steam, yeah, that sounds much better."

He looked over to the door, anxiously waiting for his father to return so they could plan out what they were actually going to do for the reopening of the city. He had an uneasy feeling that something wasn't right. His father was late, which was very much unlike him. Of course something could have come up in the Pipeworks, They'd been having issues in Section B18, so it wouldn't surprise him. Still though, he was more than ready for the old man to be back home.

As he continued to rewrite his draft of the Speech he was supposed to give, he heard the sound of someone pulling up in one of the steam carriages that he'd designed. Expecting his Father to be exausted, he got up and opened the large wooden door. His father wasn't there, but instead Adrian Mortiago was the one standing in front of him, hat pressed against his chest.

"Damian..." Was the only word he could manage, and in that simple word, Damian knew his Father was dead. He stepped back finding himself a spot to sit before he fell over. "Damian... I'm sorry... The Pipes... We Tried to ease the pressure, but... It wasn't enough... Your father sacrificed himself to get the rest of us out..." He managed to say through his shaking.

Damian said nothing for a few minutes. He knew of course that there were risks to this, but surely the pressure releases should have been fine... They had built in safety precautions to deal with this things. So why... "Thank you... Adrian." He finally managed "You've always been a good man. Thank you for coming..." He shook his head trying to regain some semblance of self-control. "I think... I'm going to go for a walk, go home and get some rest, we have work to do tomorrow."

Adrian nodded and backed out, headed for his Steam Carriage. Damian watched his fathers friend disappear into the night before taking his coat and heading outside himself. It was difficult to take in, so very difficult. Damian found himself wandering throughout the nearby forest, searching for the clearing that he and his father had originally planned for the home they lived in now. After a short while of searching, he finally came acrossed it.

The area was overun with tall grass and surrounded by dense forest. That had been the main reason why they'd decided against the space. They needed to be able to access the city on short notice. Still, the place he was at now would have been perfect. There was even a nearby stream that would have been perfect for collecting water for steam power. With a heavy sigh, Damian dropped down into the tall grass and stared up at the starlit sky, the cool breeze rolling over him and the sounds of the water calming him. Slowly, he drifted off to sleep there.

He didn't know how long he was asleep, only that when he awoke, he could hear the sound of two people arguing. Arguing? Out here? Who would be... I guess I'd better check it out. Slowly and silently he made his way towards the source of the voices, using the dense grass as camouflage. When he got close enough, he noticed only one person there, but still the two voices, arguing. The one he could see was clearly a girl, she couldn't be much younger than him, but the voice, he wasn't sure where it was coming from and this concerned him. Silently he inched closer, trying to figure it out without being spotted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:50 pm

"You stupid thing! I didn't say that. I just want to go home," Sophia screamed into the watch, wondering if it was an AI or just a machine with a few programmed phrases.

She tapped it, waiting impatiently for a response. I cannot distinguish between voices. It replied.

"Take me home."

Turn the dial.

Frustrated and all ready home sick, Sophia sobbed, "I did! You said it doesn't exist but it must! Please just get me home." She begged the device which replied with beeps and more error messages.

That time does not exist. Sophia sobbed openly now, collapsing to her knees in the grass. She knew nothing about this time, let alone this country. She had never even heard of Salamanca, and Spain no longer existed back home. The American ways had reached global proportions and Spain became just as lazy as them. In 6341 CE, the then United North and South Americas, overtook most of Western Europe. Spain was now called "Sumter".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Is she... Talking to her wrist? He pondered, watching closely There's another voice! What the hell is going on?. He shook his head. She was holding a conversation with someone who wasn't there, and the most unusual part? Someone was answering when nobody was there!

He pushed himself a little closer, taking hold of a low hanging branch to support himself.

CRACK

Suddenly, Damian found himself tumbling to the ground, through the brush, and in front of the mysterious girl. "Um... Hi there" He said giving a slight wave, panicking internally.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Sophia jumped up and screeched, startled. "What do you want?" She yelled as she backed away. Did one of the guards from back home follow her through the time loop, she wondered. Preparing to run, she waited for his response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:30 pm

"What do I want?" He asked curiously, picking himself up off the ground. "I don't want anything. I was just trying to figure out what someone was doing this far out in the middle of nowhere" He said, looking closer at her. She had something on her wrist. It must've been what she was talking to "Say, what is that? I've never seen anything like it"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am

Glancing to her wrist to see what he was talking about, she immediately pulled it away and put her arm behind her. The man seemed...different. His clothes were much different than anything she had seen. Apparently she was further back than she could have imagined. She was either in a third-world country, or back before most technology existed.

Before she could ask him any questions, she felt her stomach rumble and then things started to spin. Not only had she not eaten before this little excursion, but it also took a lot out of her. She was overcome with sudden exhaustion and hunger. Her mouth began watering as she thought of food.

"Food," she whispered suddenly - her eyes drooping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Suddenly realising the sorry shape she was in, Damian caught her in his arms before she could collapse. "Food... Alright, alright" He said quietly, lifting her up and carrying her to his living quarters.

When he arrived back he pushed open the door "Father!" He called before stopping in his tracks. "That's right... I'd nearly forgotten..." He murmured, walking over and setting her down on his bed. "Wait here, I'll be right back" He told her, walking into another room and picking up some dried meat, an apple, a chunk of bread, and a glass of water and placing them up on a tray to bring back to her. "Here we are. Eat up." He told her, walking over to a chair nearby, mind buzzing with questions.

Suddenly one of the pipes let out a high pitched whistle, and Damian stood up again to go mess with the pipe. Pressure was high so he walked over to the release valve and pulled it open, releasing a stream of steam outside. He looked back at the gauge and nodded, the needle was back in acceptable levels.

He turned back to face her, "So... Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Shoveling the food into her mouth, Sophia gave a grateful groan as it hit her stomach. While the guy had messed with the squalling pipes, she had emptied the plate. When he turned back toward her and asked who she was, she simply said, "Sophia. My name is Sophia." As if it were any ordinary meeting, she held out her hand to him with crumbs still sitting on her lips.

"So, what is this place?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:01 pm

"This place is my father's- Well, MY workshop now, I suppose." He corrected himself. It was still strange to say, but he knew he'd have to get used to it. Death happened after all. Didn't make it any easier to say. "We're presently in the process of trying to rebuild Salamenca" He explained. "I think the better question though is Where are you from? You're certainly not a local. I've never actually seen anyone with clothing like yours before, anywhere. You're quite an anomaly."

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm

"Salamanca?" She replied, bewildered before remembering the stupid watch. "Oh, right. I'm, um," she began, "I'm from far away. Across the seas. Different style, you know?"

What the heck time was she in again? She couldn't exactly remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 pm

"Must be quite a ways away. What's that thing on your wrist?" He asked, curiously "May I see it?" He'd never seen anything like it before. Completely foreign in make, and the metal didn't look like anything he'd ever seen before.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Shying away, unsure if she should allow him to see, Sophia shook her head. "It's...it's special. It can only be touched by my people." She was feeling homesick. This place was so strange. Everything was dingy and quite old.

"I didn't catch your name," attempting to change the topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:26 pm

"Ah, forgive my lack of manners, my name is Damian. Damian Basilio Regulo, architect and steam engineer." He told her with a slight bow. He looked around quickly, searching for something to use as a chair, before he actually remembered that his chair was at his desk. Pulling it over, he sat down on it backwards, using the backrest as a support for his arms. "Sorry, it's just that I've never seen anything like that. Is it from America?" He questioned. He'd heard they were prospering quite nicely considering how little time they had spent occupying the land. It wasn't impossible for them to have made something like that.

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers   

Back to top Go down

The Unfortunate Adventures of The Lost Time Travelers
Page 1 of 1