Share | 

From the Beginning

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: From the Beginning   Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Fifteen-year-old Sophia Lockwood shuttled along the other kids into the brightly lit hallways of Jefferson High. She was just like them, trying to find their way through the crowd to their lockers and classes. But there was one large difference between them.

The clothes.

Sophia wore a large, black, boys hoody that hung over her faded and ripped jeans. Her tennis shoes were five years-old and could definitely be mistaken for shoes found in a dumpster. Which is actually where she had found them. She had recently transferred from Lincoln to Jefferson, at her birth parents' will. She just wished they hadn't. Now she was the crummy new girl from the projects. A charity case. Jefferson was receiving more money for having her at their school. And if they got her to join a club or sport, even more money. And her birth parents would be ecstatic that their long lost little girl would have a normal life.

Then again, who said high school was ever normal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Damian sighed, ignoring the flux of girls around him. How he found himself stuck in such a situation was far beyond him. Bunch of bubblebrained buffoons, the lot of them. Nowadays he just tried to move from class to class as fast as possible, and dissappear entirely during the lunch period. He'd been at this school for nearly two years now, and he still found himself being gawked at.

Still, he couldn't bring himself to tell them all to back off, no matter how annoyed he may have gotten at them. To do so would be rude, at least that's what he believed. Of course, it was getting more and more tempting with each passing day. Trying to avoid too much more unwanted attention, he ducked out into the boys bathroom and waited for the telltale sound of the one minute mark.

Once he heard it, he stepped out of the bathroom and made his way through the much emptier hallways towards his homeroom class. He missed the bell by about 30 seconds though, and by the time he got into the class, the teacher was already standing at the head of the room, with a girl he didn't quite recognize. Knowing he was late, and not wanting to interrupt whatever was going on, he stood there and waited as the teacher continued talking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://regnumumbra.forumotion.com
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:07 pm

"So Sophia, go ahead and introduce yourself", the Teacher continued.

Sophia bit her lip in embarrassment. One thing she hated more than preppy kids and school was speaking. Not just public speaking, but speaking at all.

"Hi," she nearly whispered. With a bit more nudging from the teacher she mentioned she liked animals and her favorite color was red.

The teacher, Mr. Letterman, had her sit in an empty desk by the windows. To which she was grateful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Huh... She's kind of cute Damian mused, taking his seat two rows behind her. He watched her for a few moments, until he realized that he had observers of his own and turned away. Still, he couldn't help but feel like she wasn't happy there, not that it was his problem. The class slowly went on, and as the class ended, Mr. Letterman approached the two of them "Don't think I didn't notice you showing up late Mr. Basilio, because of that, I'm assigning you to show Miss Lockwood to her classes. Am I understood?"

Damian looked over to her, and then back at Letterman. Realizing he didn't have much choice in the matter, he nodded in the affirmative "Alright" He said as the teacher walked away "So what's your next class, Miss Lockwood?"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:56 pm

"Art History?" Sophia replied. She had been told this was a special academics school. Apparently they really catered to getting you into college with college courses. No wonder the kids were preppy. They were rich.

"I'm Sophia. You don't have to call me Miss."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:16 pm

"Alright, Sophia. Sorry about that, Lockwood's a pretty cool name though, have to admit. Better than Basilio anyway. Call me Damian, alright?" He told her with a soft smile. "Anyway, Art History huh? We'd better get moving then, it's on the other side of the school." He left out the fact that he was going to be late all day probably because he'd have to lead her around.

Of course on the other hand, he'd have a way to keep the flock off of him, so he figured it must've been an even trade after all.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Wed May 02, 2012 12:08 pm

A few classes later, it was time for lunch. Sophia turned to look at Damian.

"I have first lunch, what about you?" She sort of hoped he had the same lunch, since he was the only person she knew. In her first few classes, she had tried to talk to a few of the other students, but nobody paid any attention. They were treating her like the plague.

Apparently it had something to do with her jeans. They weren't name brand. Such an atrocity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 pm

"Same" He replied with a light smile. So far his day had been going great, he was being left alone aside from her, and after talking to her for a while between classes, she wasn't that bad, so he didn't mind "You're welcome to join me if you'd like"
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Wed May 09, 2012 9:18 pm

"That would be great," she replied with a smile. She just hoped the school food here was more edible than her last. Otherwise she would definitely prefer going hungry than eating undercooked or overcooked meat and disease-ridden potatoes from the sickly lunch ladies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Wed May 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Damian smiled some "Well, c'mon then" He told her walking along the way towards the lunch room "So, what would you like to eat? We've got a few choices here, although a lot of us opt for the pizza. Ice Cream's pretty cheap too, 50 cents for a cone, if I remember correctly it was chocolate mint today." He continued
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm

"Oh, definitely chocolate mint", Sophia replied with a smirk. That was her favorite flavor, after all. Besides, her school could have never afforded ice cream.

After filling her plate with three cones of ice cream, two chocolate puddings, a banana, and a chocolate milk, she paid for her tray with the card her parents gave her and then searched for Damian in the cafeteria.

Spotting him, she walked up to the table with the banana already eaten and sat down beside him. "This stuff ifsh defishioush!" She held her hand over her mouth as she spoke and ate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Damian smiled, not having gotten any food for himself. It wasn't that he couldn't afford it, he just simply didn't eat very often at the school, none of it ever really appealed to him, besides, he tried to stay away from the others. "Healthy meal you've got there" He said playfully, closing his eyes and leaning his head back against the wall. Occasionally a couple groups of girls would walk by and begin to approach him, but then they would spot Sophia and turn away.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Sophia nodded, "I don't usually get any of this often. It's been almost a year since I last had ice cream." She realized how odd that might sound, but didn't linger too much on that fact. Instead, she just shoveled the food in and groaned when she received well-deserved brain-freeze.

"So, what is your story?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:53 pm

"My story? I don't really have a story. Single father raised me. 'Course, he isn't around too much, too busy trying to provide this lifestyle for me. Something like that anyway. It's been months since we actually had a chance to talk. He's off in Japan on business right now, supposed to be back sometime next month." Damian said with a shrug. "Not a big deal, I keep myself busy enough."
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Sophia nodded in understanding. Well, as best as she could. "Sounds not too bad. I mean, considering you get a lot of stuff and he obviously cares about you. What about your mum?"

She held her head in her hand, trying to convince the brain-freeze to leave. However, it was stubborn and stayed. She closed her eyes, waiting to hear Damian's response.

It was curious how his lifestyle was so different, yet similar. Sure he had nice things and she hadn't, but they both seem to be without parents. Though, she wasn't really sure if her parents would actually be around or not. They were obviously wealthy. It wasn't until now when she realized she didn't know what either of them did.

Then again, it had only been two weeks since she had known them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Damian paused. "My mother... I'll be honest, I don't know what happened to her. I haven't seen her since I was... God, seven?" He shook his head "I dunno, she just left, no reasons or anything. Didn't take anything with her even. Just vanished." He noticed how she was acting towards her brainfreeze. "Here, put your thumb against the roof of your mouth, should help." He advised her.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:50 pm

"Ha thanks," she replied in response of his suggestion and did just that.

"Sorry about your mom. I sort of know the feeling. My parents gave me up for adoption, but apparently my supposed-to-be adoptive parents backed out. So I was tossed around foster homes until just a few weeks ago when I found my real parents." She paused, realizing how confusing this might sound.

"But, yeah. I'm living with my parents now, but never really had any before." She shrugged, not really bothered by her odd life. She found it amusing really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:43 pm

"Hm..." Was the only response he managed. After a few moments of quiet, he turned to face her. "So you said you've been here for a few weeks huh?" He asked rhetorically. "Where've you been hanging out? I haven't seen you around short of today."
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 pm

"I was getting to know my parents before I had to start school," Sophia explained. "Mostly just a lot of movie and pizza nights. Also had to meet my grandparents and cousins and --" she sighed in exaggeration, "you know, a bunch of other people where it was really awkward."

She finished eating and sat back relaxing. "Hey, so what does your dad do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:29 pm

"My dad? He doesn't do anything glamorous, he works for Diamon, the videogame company. Marketing and stuff." He said with a dismissive shrug. His father was always bringing new games home for him to test out, but he found himself getting bored of them. Of course, he never had anyone to play with so that didn't rightly help.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:05 pm

"Really? I love that one game that they published back in '91," Sophia said, attempting to remember the name. "It was Flame Hero." She had played it once at one of her foster homes. it was a real simple game. You were a mutated human who had fire powers and fought of evil mutants. Despite the cheesiness of the plot, Sophia found she would dream of becoming a Flame Hero in order to get recognized on tv and find her birth parents. She blushed once she had remembered the criticism it had received for being so simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:51 pm

"Oh wow, yeah, old school huh?" He asked with a smirk. "You know... I think I have an old copy of it somewhere around my house if you're interested." He offered
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:10 pm

"Really?" Sophia asked, shocked someone would keep it around, let alone invite her over. Or was he offering to let her borrow it? She decided to play it cool.

"Sure, sounds neat. I'm sure it's hard to find that since they didn't sell too many copies."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Damian shrugged "I probably own at least one copy of every game created by Diamon honestly..." He turned to face her again "Well, what are you doing after school? If you're not busy, you're welcome to come over and hang out" He told her.
Back to top Go down
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:45 am

After agreeing to come over after school, Sophia spent the rest of the day in boring classes. She did enjoy her English class, however. To her surprise, she didn't have a single class with Damian other than their homeroom and lunch.

The last bell rang and she headed to her locker. She tossed in all of her books and shut the locker. Then searched for Damian near the main entrance to the school. She hoped this wasn't some trick. He didn't seem like one of the other kids here, so she didn't think it would be. However, it was a new school and she wouldn't put it past kids. At her old school, it was normal for everyone to pick on the new kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the Beginning   

Back to top Go down

From the Beginning
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next