Share | 

Shikabane

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bibliophiliac
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Ari smirked at his demise. Grocery shopping is what he hated? Interesting. She hadn't minded it when she was alive, other than the pushy people.

A few minutes later, they were grabbing groceries. Not that Ari needed any, but it was nice to taste things still. They grabbed the essentials and headed to checkout. As they stood in line behind a couple with a child, Ari began to feel nostalgic. She had went here with her parents to shop. She remembers begging for candy as a little girl, about the age of the one in front of them.

Though it wasn't the memory that ripped her heart in two. It was the little girl's voice in front of them. "Mommy, can I have the candy bar?" She whined.

Ari bolted. She ran quickly away from Requiem and the couple with the child. Her sister. How could they have been so foolish? She was grateful he had tried to include her in his daily life, but they had become careless. No wonder Shikabane were treated differently. They were different. They were dead. Feelings or not, to the world, they were dead. They should be treated as such.

She ran until her legs betrayed her, falling to the concrete below. Her knees hit first and skid across the pavement. She was a couple miles from the store, and just another few from her hidden place. The only place she was safe from feeling normal. Her bare apartment. After she recovered slightly, her feet began walking there without her mind leading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Requiem sighed, watching her take off. The people in front of him looked back, expressing concern and a tone of depression as one of them had caught a glimpse of her. "Sorry" He told them, "She'll be alright." They commented how she looked like their daughter and Requiem just shook his head "I'm sorry to hear that. She's not actually from around here though. Suffers from panic attacks." He looked at the cashier, "Would you do me a favour and put these in the cooler until I get back, I need to go make sure everything's alright with her."

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Arriving back to her apartment, Ari sat on the sofa and stared at her ripped jeans. Trickles of blood flowed lightly down her legs, vanishing beneath the material. The stinging pain didn't bother her. She knew when her contractor found her, she would heal. It wouldn't kill her to feel a little bit of pain until then. The pain that he couldn't take away was the worst. The one inside her. Her family had looked so normal. So - over her passing. They had moved on.

In that moment, she realized why she would never attempt to act as a human being again. They could move on, and she couldn't. Forever, the pain of losing her family would be raw. For them, it was painful, but they still had hope for their other children. Their careers. Their lives.

"I'm dead." And her eyes lost the fire they held moments ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 pm

It took a while to track her back down, but after he couldn't find her, he realised that the only place she could possibly go would be back home. When he arrived, he saw her, sitting there on the bed, looking kind of... Gone. "Hey, Ari, are you alright?" He asked, tentatively as he approached her. She was still bleeding, so he pulled her gently into his arms.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 pm

She let him wrap his arms around her. Though she didn't cry, or lean toward him. She just sat there - rigid - until she snapped. Pushing him away forcefully, she turned to glare.

"Don't. Stop it. You're my contractor, not my friend. I don't have friends. If you try to be my friend, try to make me feel - " she struggled to maintain control of her emotions, "then I swear I will go far enough from you that you could never heal me in time. I swear it, contractor." The last word was said in such disgust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm

"Woah, relax, alright?" Requiem replied, surprised. She'd never behaved like this before. "What's gotten into you?" He asked her, standing up, facing her. A mixture of anger and hurt coursed through him quickly. "You think that just because you saw your old family gives you the right to snap?" He asked.

"How do you think it felt for them to see their dead daughter walking with them? I'm going to let you in on a little secret Dearie. The pain of losing someone never goes away. Regardless of what you may think. You're not the only one who's lost someone." He told her, thinking back to his own family. Disowned, forgotten. He knew he shouldn't be angry. Anger wasn't his nature, but he couldn't help it. He had rushed as quickly as he could back to check on her, after having to handle her family who were on the verge of tears, and here she was treating him like he was some form of scum.

He turned sharply on his heels, and walked towards the door. "I'll be back tonight." He said coldly as he stepped through it and closed the door behind him.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:03 pm

As soon as the door shut, Ari slid to her knees as the tears began to flood down her cheeks. This was what she wanted, right? To be alone. But it still hurt. It was too much to hold in. She let out a gasping sob as the emotions exploded outward. The only person who cared she still somewhat existed just walked out on her, hating her. Because she made him.

Suddenly on her feet again, she nearly ran to the picture on the wall of a bird and yanked it down. The glass shattered. Running through the halls of her small apartment, she made sure to smash everything. Every dish she owned. Every picture. She shredded her bed with her daggers she used to fight.

In the span of fifteen minutes, she had destroyed her apartment. Rage filling her heart, she could feel she was a little less human now. The pain subsiding into hate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:13 pm

As soon as he'd closed the door behind him, he dropped to the ground, on the steps, and just listened to the sounds of things smashing. He felt hurt, there was a knot in his chest that wouldn't fade. After a few minutes of doing nothing, sound began to escape from his mouth.

"Everything we had, we lost,
Everything we tried to save.
Even though, you want it back
It's always been this way.

Time may pass, and the wounds heal,
Makes us wonder if it's even real.
Makes us question everything we have,
When all we want is to take it back.

I've been wandering for some time,
Trying to bring back, the way it was,
Searching for answers in these rhymes
Praying to bring it back because,

Time may pass, and the wounds heal,
Makes us wonder if it's even real,
Makes us question everything we had,
When all we want is to take it back."

He let out a heavy sigh. He hadn't felt like that in a long time, hadn't sang like that either. Shaking his head, he made his way to the store, he had to find something to make it right.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Sitting in the middle of the living room, glass strewn everyone, Ari sat calmly. Her anger kept trying to rip through her, but she struggled to contain it. Hate was consuming her. Hate for herself. Hate for the people who just stood by and stared at her as she died. Hate for the construction workers who killed her. No. They didn't kill her.

She flipped her phone open, dialing the only number she had. The phone was slowly being crushed. Her hand was turning green. And growing.

"Dammit, pick up!" She screamed as her voice turned hoarse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:18 am

Requiem's phone rang and he stopped dead. Only two people had that number. He immediately picked up. "Ari?" He asked, his voice filled with concern as he stopped and turned around. She didn't sound like herself "Hang on, I'm on my way." He told her, breaking into a full sprint. Whatever was wrong, it didn't sound good.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:12 pm

She was turning into one of them. Why? Why was there so much hate inside her? Her contractor cared about her. She was allowed her own place. Sure she fought battles, but she actually enjoyed it. Please stop, she begged herself.

Within minutes, she heard the thudded footsteps running up the stairs. He was almost here.

"Requiem," she yelled in panic. It was the first feeling she had felt aside from anger or grief. Her hands quivered. Returning to human hands then flickering back to the green monstrous claws. If she turned, he would kill her. At least that was a bit of relief.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Rushing up the steps, and shoving the door open, Requiem came across a sight that turned his blood cold. Ariana was changing, turning into one of the beasts that they killed. There wasn't much he could do, so he did the first thing his instincts directed him to. He moved forward and wrapped his arms around her. "Shush... Be still Ari, it'll be alright"

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:45 pm

As suddenly as it came on, the changing had stopped. Ari fell against him and began to sob. "It's not fair," she soaked into his shirt, her hands curling into fists within the fabric. The rage, the hate, the anger. It was gone. Most Shikabane would never feel this. She did. As the sobs wracked her body - shivering and shaking in his arms - peace began to fill in around the emptiness.

"I'm sorry. So sorry," she implied about the harsh words she had spoken earlier. Requiem was all she had. She was not just a Shikabane. Somehow, despite the centuries of such creatures, she had maintained some of her humanity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:50 pm

"It's alright Ari, it's alright" He told her, holding her tightly. "I'm sorry for getting upset with you dear" He said leaning back and looking her in the eyes "Are you alright?" He asked, quite concerned for her. If she had turned, he doubted he'd be able to bring himself to kill her.

Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Sniffling and wiping her tears and runny nose on her sleeves, she nodded. "Don't tell anyone about this, or I'll kill you," she said in a serious voice, though jokingly. She felt better. Ari didn't realize seeing her family would trigger such a strong emotion. She was supposed to be a Shikabane, yet she felt emotions like any other human. Sometimes she hoped they were wrong, but then she could kill the Changed with such ease.

"The groceries," she said, realizing he didn't have them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requiem
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:02 am

"They're at the store. I asked the cashier to hold them for us. It's fine, alright?" He asked smiling and looking into her eyes deeply. "If you're not feeling up to it, I can get them by myself." He told her, although he didn't really want to leave her alone. As soon as the words had left his mouth he knew that that had slipped through though, and he didn't want her to feel pressured into coming with, especially with everything that had just happened.

PostSubject: Re: Shikabane   

Back to top Go down

Shikabane
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forgotten Realm :: The Mirror Realm :: Another Love-
Jump to: